CD 480 bar

Deciduous Dan

Hi all i have just recently got a Husqvarna CD480, despite being quite an old girl she is lovely to fell with.

The saw came with a 20 inch bar which is in poor condition and a chain which looked like it had been cutting the floor more than the trees. having sharpened the chain up there is not much life left on it, and rather than getting a new chain for the old bar i was thinking of getting a slightly longer bar and chain as i only use the saw for the occasional big tree when i need something bigger than my 362 on a 18.

i am used to all the different bar mounts and am wondering if there is any current husqvarna which has a interchangeable bar with this saw?

as that will make it easier for me to order a new bar and chain

Thanks

The info I have on your saw says its a K095 mount, so 90% of husky bars will fit

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Having checked rob d's site, he lists the d009 bar mount, so once again, the husky bars will fit

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

hi Dan

have had a 480cd and was not happy with a 24 inch bar so stuck a 20 inch on it and it was as happy as a pig in muck

put the 24 inch bar on a jonsered 2071 and what a ruddy beast that is

480 is a old low reving lugging saw that will just keep going what ever you put in its way

hope that helps albert

• 2 weeks later...