£100/cubic metre softwood!!!

davetaz

Around here, everyone last year was at; big bags seasoned hardwood £60, unseasoned £50, softwood £50 and nets £3.50 seasoned hardwood, £3 unseasoned or softwood.

I sold out before xmas!

Next year prices WILL increase due to higher demand than last, and i will not have a conscience.

Never under sell yourselves guys!

True that absurd energy prices and the coldest winter for quite a while and the recession have meant log sales and prices have gone thru the roof. I've had quite a few people pilfering from around the woods and from the log / cord heaps themselves. Usual story of you wouldn't mind so much if they asked / didn't live in houses worth more than i can count to!

Worth noting that some softwood, like seasoned Scots pine on a log burner is a lot more usefull than say leylandii on an open fire! Not all softwood should be labled rubbish for burning.

glad to hear it as i took about 50ton of softwood back to my yard last week alone! all good stuff though, yew and cedar. i do have a growing pile of poplar and willow though but that will have to mix in. based on last season, people will take whatever they can get come next christmas!

i also have abou 60ton of chestnut in my yard also now!

I sell for 50 quid a bulk bag also, anything less like dean said aint worth the hassle of splitting, storing etc. Dont know about you guys but i am being approched more and more on jobs from people wanting the timber, even shite like willow and pop. Strange though i dont get meny offers to take conifer away:confused1:

the bloke i sub for sells split seasoned hard wood for £80 for a level full 2m squred tipper back. Demand has been good all winter and continuing into the spring...............

This bloke keeps waste wood (poplar, leylandi etc) seperate for dissposal. This pile used to have to be commercialy removed which could be expensive, this year this pile has "mysteriously" decreased by half, weve even disturbed people helping themselves. Not to bothered about this although it would be nice to have been asked.

Just goes to show how little the general public understand about the correct types of wood to burn.

What are the current law/rules at the moment with regards to burning wood in the home?..............................

• 1 year later...
Yes this is true, less than 1/4 mile from me theres a lad who has lost his job, so he has been selling willow that his father in law got paid to pollard on his farm, hence being able to sell half price as i buy my wood, but what got me was then after selling all his wood to my customers, he had the cheak to come and ask where i got my wood as he has ran out:mad1:

Hi Mikey,

I moved up from Somerset to Scotland last year & only found out before i left that Somerset County Council (not local councils) give you £10 per Willow you Pollard as some kind of incentive...

But the i suppose you knew that & aren't going to tell him...:001_tt2:

the bloke i sub for sells split seasoned hard wood for £80 for a level full 2m squred tipper back. Demand has been good all winter and continuing into the spring...............

This bloke keeps waste wood (poplar, leylandi etc) seperate for dissposal. This pile used to have to be commercialy removed which could be expensive, this year this pile has "mysteriously" decreased by half, weve even disturbed people helping themselves. Not to bothered about this although it would be nice to have been asked.

Just goes to show how little the general public understand about the correct types of wood to burn.

What are the current law/rules at the moment with regards to burning wood in the home?..............................

we came across that last year, the guy said ''he saw someone else doing it so it must be ok' it was rediculous! the wife offered to make us a pie, no money and they didnt even take the stuff out of the back when we found them. it was yew aswell which was a bit of a pain in the neck.

hope they dont do it to me.