unimog u140l anyone had one??

Boy English

Engine rebuilt twice in 9 years,sounds great!

Bare in mind its a 21 year old machine it runs all day to and from site running mewp and chipper simultaneously and 1 rebuild beein due to a bolt going through oil cooler dumping sump content dose 3 x the work than a van its well worth the repair billls

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey our company has run a 140l for nine years no problem getting parts from the right place. ac price knows ours in and out . a real work horse alltho under powerd dose travel realy well on the road once its rolling . The 140l has served us well with a cople engine rebuilds only thing that lets them down is power and the gear box has a big jump bitween 3rd and 4th can be a pain loaded also having to slip the clutch when hevey to get going [ATTACH]134269[/ATTACH]

Cheers for the info chaps.. That mewp / chipper combination your running is interesting me.. I run a mewp most days.. could you give me a little more info or any pics of the arse end?? im guessing you've got a chip box there somewhere? looks the tits :thumbup:

Cheers for the info chaps.. That mewp / chipper combination your running is interesting me.. I run a mewp most days.. could you give me a little more info or any pics of the arse end?? im guessing you've got a chip box there somewhere? looks the tits :thumbup:

Yeah have a couple pictures on the phone its my old mans brain child . We run two soon to be three.

DSCF0421.jpg.1a5a42b1eed91662fcdc95fc910a4b35.jpg

5976662a7e501_2012-07-0314_43_12.jpg.0901d347e059a802c2bf3857c777455f.jpg

Exspensive pieces of kit to build and run

credit where its due chap, well done to your old man:thumbup1:... I run a transit with chipper and a transit cherry picker atm (4x4 pickup in the background for when needed) but have been struggling to find a better setup incorporating off road ability for both without massive costs..

building a similar thing (got me thinking now :001_rolleyes:)

do you find it awkward having to be side on to the tree when working to obtain maximum height? im guessing a larger teleboom picker would be advantageous ..

also a guess on weight would give the u140 a 1.5t payload for chip when built?

brilliant idea, its clear there working for you.. buy him a pint on my behalf :thumbup:

Edited by Boy English

credit where its due chap, well done to your old man:thumbup1:... I run a transit with chipper and a transit cherry picker atm (4x4 pickup in the background for when needed) but have been struggling to find a better setup incorporating off road ability for both without massive costs..

building a similar thing (got me thinking now :001_rolleyes:)

do you find it awkward having to be side on to the tree when working to obtain maximum height? im guessing a larger teleboom picker would be advantageous ..

also a guess on weight would give the u140 a 1.5t payload for chip when built?

brilliant idea, its clear there working for you.. buy him a pint on my behalf :thumbup:

He did a blody good job and pricey did a real good job building it reach is ok for our line of work about 11-12 meter is all ye will get with it yeah you near on on chip Weight we tend to work over the chipper isnt a cheep setup tho everythink we have has gone in to investing in these mogs

As for 140's have do have a 4lt 4 cylinder engine with a 4 gears hi and low

As for the cipper shute it blocks only on soaking wet days with conifir if your not on top of it but rarely happens

• 10 months later...