New to chainsaws

Littletree

Hi all I am new to the world of chainsaws . I am soon to start my NPCT CS 30 and CS 31 course . I am looking at buying a STIHL MS 211 C-BE 14 inch

can anyone give me any pointers .Is this a good choice ochainsaw to get started with ?

I have been looking at the different types for some time and have come up with this one as want one that will last and give me loads of good basic expereince for small tree and firewood cutting . Any users of this model type let me know how you find thse to use .

Thanks in advance :001_smile:

Eastwater

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use the rear handled ms200 though, as opposed to ms200t, which is top handled. Anything by stihl will last years - keep the chain sharp, tensioned and bar looked after and away you go. My fave saw must be the 024, which i think is now called an ms241(?). Ms211 is certain to be a goody though. Good luck with the tests!

Hi Guys many thanks for replies . got my CS 30 and CS 31 dates bookup now and have decided to go for the Stihl MS 211 C-BE 14 . from my local dealer I was very pleased as they did a really good price match for me that I had seen on the internet and they are goiong to get me started with it ect .

Decided to go for a new one as want to care for it from new and know

what its been through .

I am sure I will have many many more questions for you all over the next few weeks Thanks

Eastwater :001_smile:

The ms211 is one of stihls new generation enthusiasts saws, (generally anything that ends with a 1 i'e 361,441 and 211 is a new model) i used to have a ms250 it was a great saw little saw just not as robust as a pro model.

Look after it though and it will do you well as a starter saw.