Guess Who

Dan Earp

You will if i miss spell your address :laugh1:

Yeah ok. The maybe I will, but the spelling isn't important, so long as the postcode and number are on there.

Oh and for those who are a little bit slow I won the silky. I won first prize as me and second prize as GTR. But I passed on the second prize as IMO it was the right thing to do.

I just shared the comp on my GTR page so everyone else who is on there sees toms page. :thumbup:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might not care about the spelling mistakes, but what about other potential clients looking in?

Not the most professional look is it, when words are misspelled!

Thanks for you input on this rob, I have had 32 orders since i have opened shop on-line and not alot of people seemed to care to much about the spelling of things, They are more about how i conduct my business with them a, Personal phone call saying thank you for trusting and trying a new supplier and i have even hand delivered items to people as Dan will tell you. Tell me one supplier who dose that?

I have spent many long nights adding new products to my website. All done and ran by myself, I spend 2 Days a week climbing/Grounding and 2 On the suppliers while the 3rd is emailing and calling the likes of Husqvarna, Stihl, Oregon, Sip,Hiax just to name a few. So there are a few mistakes but at 3AM after a full day's at work bugger me if i don't fancy having to re-check my work for the 4th. I have had a lot of support of friends spell checking the website for me on there own time and making sure its all good. I have over 200 items and its growing each day and get tiring doing it.

Like to see many people take a risk these day. Placing alot of there own cash on the line and deal with the stress of it. Some people get a kick out of climbing tree i get the kick out of laying a few K on the line and seeing if it pays back.

No one was asked to start this thread either, before some one jumps on the bang wagon. Its down to Dan's kindness and jealousy of not winning :thumbup:

I ask no one to go off topic or spam this thread as it some times happens in the world of arbtalk and i respect Steve's wishes on me not posting about my new business till i am a few months down the line at least. Hence me not doing a big post and bragging about my new venture..

Mods please feel free to close this thread if that's ok with Dan.

Edited by Tom2020

Well it wasnt meee! Some lad that doesnt climb, cant put a chain on a saw correctly the list goes on !! Lol

Could you guess im not peeved at all 😄😜

Is it that crap techie with a stihl fetish? Likes repairing ryobi saws? Still he can't put a silky blade on backwards

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Thanks for you input on this rob, I have had 32 orders since i have opened shop on-line and not alot of people seemed to care to much about the spelling of things, They are more about how i conduct my business with them a, Personal phone call saying thank you for trusting and trying a new supplier and i have even hand delivered items to people as Dan will tell you. Tell me one supplier who dose that?

I have spent many long nights adding new products to my website. All done and ran by myself, I spend 2 Days a week climbing/Grounding and 2 On the suppliers while the 3rd is emailing and calling the likes of Husqvarna, Stihl, Oregon, Sip,Hiax just to name a few. So there are a few mistakes but at 3AM after a full day's at work bugger me if i don't fancy having to re-check my work for the 4th. I have had a lot of support of friends spell checking the website for me on there own time and making sure its all good. I have over 200 items and its growing each day and get tiring doing it.

Like to see many people take a risk these day. Placing alot of there own cash on the line and deal with the stress of it. Some people get a kick out of climbing tree i get the kick out of laying a few K on the line and seeing if it pays back.

No one was asked to start this thread either, before some one jumps on the bang wagon. Its down to Dan's kindness and jealousy of not winning :thumbup:

I ask no one to go off topic or spam this thread as it some times happens in the world of arbtalk and i respect Steve's wishes on me not posting about my new business till i am a few months down the line at least. Hence me not doing a big post and bragging about my new venture..

Chill Tom, what's the page called so I can find it, and hope you do well with husky, might be worth emailing the hq, they're pretty willing to help

is it that crap techie with a stihl fetish? Likes repairing ryobi saws? Still he can't put a silky blade on backwards

sent using arbtalk mobile app

👍.....and i thought u cud never bomb up a mag with rounds backwards, but ive seen it happen lol

I make that 5 days work. Surely a new business venture demands 7?

And I thought you'd "retired" yourself at a tender age from climbing due to injury?

Stating that you are laying "k" on the line should be something, in my opinion, you keep to yourself rather than shouting it out on an online forum.

Tom, I hope you get what you want out of your venture but your going to need some luck to succeed...

Well said that man, Ive been there and it is very hard to get going, I'd say its even harder than a tree work business, the amount of running around you have to do is silly, chasing orders, chasing main dealers, and then the joy of stihl and husky on top. Keep going lad and IMO your doing a good job. :thumbup:

Is it that crap techie with a stihl fetish? Likes repairing ryobi saws? Still he can't put a silky blade on backwards

Bet I could give it a go :001_tt2::sneaky2::lol::lol::lol::lol:

👍.....and i thought u cud never bomb up a mag with rounds backwards, but ive seen it happen lol

I also have seen this, funny as hell to watch them try and load and make ready.:lol::lol:

I make that 5 days work. Surely a new business venture demands 7?

And I thought you'd "retired" yourself at a tender age from climbing due to injury?

Stating that you are laying "k" on the line should be something, in my opinion, you keep to yourself rather than shouting it out on an online forum.

Tom, I hope you get what you want out of your venture but your going to need some luck to succeed...

Give over rob. :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...