Woodchip and logs in Bracknell?

Lozzatrees

We have a job in Bracknell coming up this week with a fair quantity of woodchip and maybe logs to remove from site.

Does anyone know of tip sites locally?

Or anyone with a yard prepared to take it; we are based in Kent so running back to our yard could be a problem if we have more than one load per day.

Don't know more detail yet about location or quantity.

If anyone can help either reply on here or you can email me

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

Laurence

Hello Laurence,

This is my first post so fingers crossed that this works ! I have been learning a lot and enjoying the humour on arbtalk for a couple of months, so it is now time to join.

I heat my house with a wood burning stove and so I would be interested in any hardwood logs that you could drop off. I don’t mind a bit of softwood in the mix and I don’t mind what size the logs are. I live a few miles from Bracknell and I could take a couple of transit loads which can be just tipped on the drive. I will not be able to take any of your woodchip.

Bracknell Forest Council have a trade waste facility at Longshot Lane Bracknell RG12 1RL, further details are here Commercial waste - disposal sites: Recycling, rubbish and waste - Bracknell Forest Council (not very cheap but perhaps cheaper than a run back to Kent ?) Hopefully you can find somebody in the area to take the woodchip.

I have sent you an email with my contact details so please reply to the email if you are interested. I can be at home just about anytime day or evening to take delivery and to hand over the beers :)

Thanks

Hi Laurence,

you've a couple of options...

1. there is a tip site in Chobham, not too far from bracknell, will take logs chip and green waste for £25 per transit load. Tel: John 07702 197855

Hookstone Lane, Chobham.

2. Collier Enviromental Services, Kitsmead Lane, Longcross.

£10 a load for woodchip, anything else is standard green waste rate.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Thanks for the replies so far,

I suspect logs won't be the major problem as the local log fairies often come out of the woodwork when they hear the buzz of a chainsaw and the timber and sweepings are the things that usually get loaded on at the end of the day when we have hopefully already unloaded our first load of woodchip and part filled the truck with the second load. Which will then go back to the yard with us.

The Collier site may well be useful if we don't get any better options.

I will keep a note of contact details for the logs in case we need to shift a load locally.

Cheers Lozza