Opportunity of a life time!

Farmerdowling

I have just been offered the chance by a friend of my brother to cut down a tree at a house that he has just bought and refurbed as an investment property. Luckily for me I get to keep the wood for my fire (obviously after splitting and seasoning at my own property)! Yes I have a chainsaw and yes I use it to cut logs in my garden but he knows that I am no tree surgeon so no I will not be climbing his tree and killing myself in the process.

The strange thing is that my suggestion of getting a professional in to do it seems to be considered a 'waste of money'! Did the mortgage company work for free? The estate agent? The builders?

Sorry rant over! :mad1:

I'm a little confused over the heading, what makes this a chance of a lifetime and for who? You getting to cut down the tree or the guy getting it cut down for nothing?

He honestly thought that me keeping the logs was a sweetner for me but I would obviously have to clear the site after! If you get pros in to do all the other work then why would a tree be any different? He has gone quiet since I mentioned the 20k fine for ignoring a TPO though...

I like the fact that it's an investment property - you must feel so sorry for the hard up guy. Loads of us have 'friends' or friends of friends etc.

It's funny how they think because they know you you'll be happy to be a slave!

I know someone at the Inland Revenue - maybe He will let me off paying tax, and my friend who works at Tesco... etc you get the idea.

I might do work for friends on a no contingency basis, but why should I do any more?

They will not be able to get it done any cheaper.

All cheapo 'owww much' Lidl merchants should get @@@@ed I'll concentrate on what I consider to be my 'professional' customers. Professional rate for a professional job.

End of.