yew hedge price

miker

last year i got a new hedge to cut,got the job for £520.

1.8 m high x 200m x 2 sides, hedge width 1.2m, so 600m of cutting

all arisings left on bonfire heap for gardner to burn.

me and my mate did the job in about a day and a half,all raked up,nice tidy job.

customer over the moon, this year he told me he has accepted a quote for £300,surely they must be working for nothing!

this is in no way a sour grapes comment,i think my pricing was spot on,any thoughts lads and lasses

If you think your pricing is right then stick to your guns but always do a great job. That way you will get the costumers that will pay the right price and you will get the best referrals. Leave the cheap jobs to those who like to under cut you and let them work for nothing and cut corners. If you lose too many jobs then maybe you will need to review pricing and if you get every job you quote for then you are too cheap!

I had a job like that 150m of conifer 12ft high use to take me and dad 2 days and get shot of the waste £680

The last year the customer said they had a price for £360

Told her to get on with it ( and as a joke told her to call me if she needed it sorting out after)

I see the hedge after they done it lol it looked a mess not a good job at all

4-6 weeks ago I got a phone call asking me to sort it out and cut the hedge this year

Turns out the other bloke only done the top and the face side the customer could see

This year the job will be about £900 so she ent really saved anything :lol::lol::lol:

Oh they do make me laugh most the time there is a reason why prices are alot Cheeper and that comes down to the standard of work

I hate losing jobs but my price is my price and its for a high standard of work

I will not do a cheep job as all the jobs I get is through word of mouth

was asked to quote to cut a lyandi hedge 25ft tall and 300mtrs long top and sides. quoted £500 that was hireing a mewp. said he had someone doing it cheaper. how cheap do you go i thought £500 was a bit cheap for job. as it would have taken two of us two days to cut and take brash to his fire.

next time he asks it will be the proper price to do job.

yew is slower stuff to clip we have found, way we do is one pass with cutter, brush off with a garden cane to raise up all lil bits and do again, depending on hedge repeat and then move on. so slow but sure.

cutters need to be good and sharp or it tears and looks rough.

the cancer drug extracted is tamoxifen (best guess on spelling) and its a hassle with clippings. you need some kind of tarpaulin down first to make sure you catch them and keep product clean, then a good area to keep them spread out and cool/dry so clippings dont compost or else worthless and hold them until who ever you are selling them to can be in area to collect and then value is only calculated on weight when loaded into their van.

its one of these things that if product ie clippings didnt go to such a worthwhile cause would be massively easier just to rake up/skip but worth the extra hassle and i can honestly say the money given for sale you barely break even so i am told.

yew is slower stuff to clip we have found, way we do is one pass with cutter, brush off with a garden cane to raise up all lil bits and do again, depending on hedge repeat and then move on. so slow but sure.

cutters need to be good and sharp or it tears and looks rough.

the cancer drug extracted is tamoxifen (best guess on spelling) and its a hassle with clippings. you need some kind of tarpaulin down first to make sure you catch them and keep product clean, then a good area to keep them spread out and cool/dry so clippings dont compost or else worthless and hold them until who ever you are selling them to can be in area to collect and then value is only calculated on weight when loaded into their van.

its one of these things that if product ie clippings didnt go to such a worthwhile cause would be massively easier just to rake up/skip but worth the extra hassle and i can honestly say the money given for sale you barely break even so i am told.

And it only the first inch ans a half growth that is needed . Also when you weigh your bags in they used to knock a bit off if you cut when raining coz of the weight of the water . It all went to France when I used to do it .