Unemployed? It seems you're not alone!

sloth

the trouble is if you can not find a job and you say there are loads. have a freind very talented. in IT lives in linconshire can not find a job he has tried there is nothing why he is over 55 and to old for IT. those who he sends a cv to do not say it but he knows its the truth.

go to the north east were the ship building took place. just no jobs what few jobs 1000 apply for one.

the goverments we have had have let our industries go down. when they asked for help they refused saying againts EU charter. now what is happening

ford gone to turkey why subsidised by turkish goverment to move there

Dyson,Tetleys, just to name two who had a hand out by EU goverments to move there plants abroad.

bombadier sold out by goverment underground trains contract awarded to a british firm turned out was a dutch firm made them in Holland. the list goes on. if the goverments had looked and kept half of our industries going our coffers would be in better shape and very little looking for work. can not see if someone looses there job thats £67 a week to pay out £20 would have kept his job going. and he be paying taxes so they get it back.

we are poodles of the EU sooner we are out the better then maybe we can trawl back what we have lost without the EU sticking there nose in.

have to agree on some parts of posts there are those who do not want to work and will never work as they are being paid nicley. as they know all the ways to get as much as they can for no return

Was the problem with dyson that they couldn't get planning to build a larger factory because of the local residents not wanting a larger, busier premises close by?

Sent using My c

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone is out of work and gets benefit they should have to do voluntary work for the equivalent hours at minimum wage doing something useful for the community. It's wrong that people who work have to decide whether they can afford to have children while others just knock them out seeing them as a way to get more benefits and better housing. The government is not interested in industry, they seem to want a banking based economy centred around London and are not interested in the rest of the country. Building a high speed rail link to get people from their country homes to work quicker and steamrollering everything in it's way is another example.

I have been made redundant 3 times and had a life changing accident nearly 10 years ago. Never been out of work though and never had to claim any dole or job seekers. Guess I am lucky or did the fact that I have always found work when it didn't find me help. Even now aged over 55 and paralysed chest down I have 2 jobs. Drive 400-500 miles each week and look after a couple of gardens in my village. To fill my spare time I grow my own veg at home. Oh and I have 2 other gardens I grow veg in. Stop blaming governments or immigrants for lack of work. Most people that want work would be happy to work for benefits for a few months between jobs. Unfortunately some that most need the help don't get it cuz slip through the net and others know how to work the system.

It's funny how a lot of the 'no jobs available' brigade seem to only consider applying for jobs working for other people.

There a loads of jobs out there that nobody has yet created - so go create one!

I've seen loads of Eastern europeans round our way opening road-side car washes. There must be a demand, so why shouldn't these other lard arses save up for a bucket and a sponge then they can go earn something for themselves AND probably make more dosh than the MacDonald slaves.

Maybe DFS needs couch testers for those who are really unfit.

Or become a bouncer at mothercare for the less brave

the list is endless - unlike the Government coffers.

Shane, what the business start up people don't tell you when you go to start your own business is that if you give up being self employed and go to sign on, you won't get contributions based jsa as the national insurance you pay is the 'wrong' sort. I was only claiming for jsa to merely tide me over between jobs so I can pay bills etc. I don't intend sponging off the state for a prolonged period as I just want to work.