Outdoor oven base

EddieJ

That's a gentelmenly offer, trouble is you would then have to bring me back!

Gunna fire the saw up today and get rid of the ivy that's covering the nicer one so I can get an idea of weight better.

Might just cut to 8ft and hang it out the door.

We will discuss nearer the time.

Things you should sort in the mean time, make a door, arch top and thick, elm or something similar is good. Obviously wide enough to get your chosen size pizza in plus an inch. We will use it as a former when building. Get down the dump and try to to get bricks from old storage heaters for base.

james if you want them longer I`ll come over in the truck and pick the yew up,no worries,,

eddie, watched the vid,,,(dogs where annoying lol),,always fancied making a clay one,to be honest,,

That was just a quick fix one to get you started. :)

Mine isn't going to be clay, but I really like the idea of it. It's far more organic and natural if that makes sense. I reckon that by making and using a clay oven, you would almost feel as though you are somehow stepping back in time. It doesn't get better than that. :)

Our oven was named the gruffalo by the kids here, its made of cob not clay but same thing really. It's got a tail and arms that form two benches either side. That's the beauty of an organic material. As clive says your not limited to the forms you can create and can let your imagination run wild. I guess it depends on the setting, a crisp brick oven would look out of place here, but where Eddie is and on top of that fab frame it will look great.

I do like to avoid using cement where ever I can though.

1375899130989.jpg.a3b9ef6207aa3d3bee0b91e12c9fad98.jpg

1375899063421.jpg.efd2b55d9c1fab0d44f3ad73314d2b32.jpg