protos

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one awesome piece of kit, light weight, very comfortable and keeps your head cool!

If you order one though I would advise getting a spare head band, they are absorb sweat and once its full water just runs down your face. If you have a spare you can swap it over at lunch or something. That just take two seconds if you where wondering.

• 2 months later...
has any one out there got a protos helmet . is it any good let me know thanks.

I've had one since january and really rate it.

It's as comfy as any other correctly fitted helmet but the advantage is that the ventilation is better than any other helmet on the market.

Take a look here for more info:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/52221-protos-arborist-helmet.html

• 2 months later...

I recently got given one and to be fair I really didn't want to like it. BUT have to say it is the most comfortable, customizable, vented helmet I've ever worn. It's got the new Kronos interior but I don't really know what that doeS. The ear muffs are brilliant and snug and adjustable, and folding up into the helmet is genius. Not totally sold on the visor however. It seems expensive but a, it's protecting your head b, you probably spend almost the same on boots, c, and chainsaW trousers. Yep, I like it, really like it

• 4 months later...
I recently got given one and to be fair I really didn't want to like it. BUT have to say it is the most comfortable, customizable, vented helmet I've ever worn. It's got the new Kronos interior but I don't really know what that doeS. The ear muffs are brilliant and snug and adjustable, and folding up into the helmet is genius. Not totally sold on the visor however. It seems expensive but a, it's protecting your head b, you probably spend almost the same on boots, c, and chainsaW trousers. Yep, I like it, really like it

Our apprentice was bought one by his uncle. I didn't want to like it either. It would be so easy to ridicule if it wasn't just right. "How much?! Does it comb your hair for that price?!" Etc.

I tried it on and my heart sank. It's lovely. Best helmet I've tried so far. Pfanner really got it right, as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk