• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you pick up your employees and take them to site you need CPC. Sounds like employees will be finding there own way to site.

If picking up employees is part of the daily routine then yes, I suppose..

If those employes travelled along from the yard then no, as they would be tools and materials to do your job with.

I don't think mr vosa is likely to follow you from your yard to see if you'll collect any staff though?

Thanks for the advice, I did speak to VOSA but as usual they explained in fluent "egghead" the worked examples make it simple to understand. Waste carriage is no issue as we have the usual carriage licence for all the gold bars we keep finding!

Regards

Steve

We run a 7.5 tonne truck under an operators licence and UK domestic rules (No tacho within 30 miles radius of operating centre) Does anyone know if my drivers will be required to carry out the 35hrs Driver CPC training prior to next year please?

Kind regards

Steve

This has come up a few times now, the short answer is it depends what your drivers are doing.

If you drive truck to site carrying tools required for your job, do the work and drive straight back to the yard, then you dont need it.

If you deliver anything to a third party, ie logs or woodchip, then you do need it.

If you go to site, load straight up with timber, and run it back to the yard, then you need it, as the main purpose of your activities is to haul materials.

If you drive truck to site, do the work and haul a load away at the end of the day, then you may or may not need it depending whether you consider arisings (logs, chip, rakings) to be "materials required for your work" or not.

Hope that helps. :001_smile:

This has come up a few times now, the short answer is it depends what your drivers are doing.

If you go to site, load straight up with timber, and run it back to the yard, then you need it, as the main purpose of your activities is to haul materials.

Hope that helps. :001_smile:

Have a problem with this unless rules for farming are different as hauling bales from field to farm was classified as materials and did not require CPC but from farm to customer did require CPC. Same with timber on the farm

Sure, if your business is producing a timber crop.

If your business is a service to individuals or organisations, and removing timber or woodchip is a part of that service, its a different story.

Firstly, tree surgery is not forestry nor is it agriculture. Secondly that just reinforces my point that there isnt a blanket exemption that covers everyone involved in cutting trees, you need to look at what you do and whether it is covered or not.

So if I collect cordwood to make into kindling I should be ok as its materials to use for the job. But I cant deliver finished product to customer.

Collecting would be stretching a point, the example given is for materials taken to a work site, incorporated into it and left there, what you are describing is collecting it taking it to your production facility and processing it.