Scandinavia

Get over there, get a girl, hunker down for winter. Worry about work later! Build a still, brew some shine you'll be rich & famous (then blind) in no time ):0)

4 yrs in N Sweden, the absolute best place to be in Spring, Summer, Autumn, pretty bloody cold & bleak in Winter but still awesome!

Just go, work the details out later!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I earn upwards of 35 pounds an hour mike. You know as well as I do that money is available in scandinavia. There are far to many companies taking the piss out of people, and it really is ruining an industry. ........Going back to winter. Yeah it's pretty bleak to be honest. Good luck, I really hope you find a good employer with some integrity.

Is this working for yourself,subbing or employed? What company etc..?i hear storys but never seen or met anyone that earns that unless they are running their own business?. Do tell...

cut off limit for climbing for me is -27C but been out in - 39C - tis grim - yeah you can get 30 + an hour but its rare and hard - starting rate for a trial in with some of the bigger firms is about 150 sek so 14£ an hour - take into account a pint is ofet £7 - a casual few is £50 - and a saturday night is more the £200 so its all relative - get out here - live like i saint then go to portugal and live like king!!

I earn upwards of 35 pounds an hour mike. You know as well as I do that money is available in scandinavia. There are far to many companies taking the piss out of people, and it really is ruining an industry. ........Going back to winter. Yeah it's pretty bleak to be honest. Good luck, I really hope you find a good employer with some integrity.

Is that including the MVA (VAT)?

How much do you pocket at the end of the week?

If I could get a job earning that kind of money I would jack in my company and leave all the bs/stress/hassel to my employer.350 Nok per hour over eleven months is 616K per year or 50% higher than the average wage here in Norway.Mate,hook me up and I will be over like a shot.

Over here its not possible to work for one outfit more than 2.5 days a week and call yourself self employed.To many companies were dodging the 14% "employers tax" ontop of the employes gross wage.

Seems like alot of guys are registering their companies in the UK,going out subbying and not declaring Tax back home.All well and good untill the tax man comes knocking on the Door.

Edited by Mike Hill

The main problem mike is you are working and living in Norway. That means you pay Norweigien tax. And are dictated by there taxation laws.

That has nothing to do with the statement you made about earning £35 per hour and up though.Sweden or Norway,that figure is alot higher than any rate I have heard of in the Six years I have worked in Scandi.

Are you paying your Tax in the UK?How can you deduct the "Vat" off your expenses and file a "Vat" return in Sweden when paying income Tax in the UK?

A guy a heard of subbed in Sweden back in the early 2000's,ran off with the lot of it and bought two Houses in the UK under his Mothers name.Few years later the tax man scooped the lot.

Sweden you wouldn't earn that Norway yes. Im not breaking any laws, as long as im not in Norway for more than 180 days in any 12 month period I don't pay norweigien tax. I don't pay vat in the uk as I don't go above the vat threash hold I pay 40% on everthing I earn over a certain amount. but by the time you have deducted you costs ''a lot higher because of double living cost in Norway'' food etc. its not a lot. I think 350 nok is an exceptable contract climbers wage that is around the 39 quid mark last time I looked

Sweden you wouldn't earn that Norway yes. Im not breaking any laws, as long as im not in Norway for more than 180 days in any 12 month period I don't pay norweigien tax. I don't pay vat in the uk as I don't go above the vat threash hold I pay 40% on everthing I earn over a certain amount. but by the time you have deducted you costs ''a lot higher because of double living cost in Norway'' food etc. its not a lot. I think 350 nok is an exceptable contract climbers wage that is around the 39 quid mark last time I looked[/quote

Please let me know who you contract for? That rate is so inflated you cant possibly think people believe that. Where does this £39 average mark come from?do you have links to websites or anything so i can see where this exceptionable rate comes from? You must be one of the best climbers around for that money im jealous!