Sensible!!!! Suggestions for Combating Theft

woodland

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tile

you'll need an iphone but this could work?

Glue it onto and internal cover of you expensive tools...

I've just been looking at these, not sure it'd be suitable for chainsaw gear as it relies on other iPhones to pick up the signal.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

You'd,just have to be selective what its fitted to, maybe a chipper would be different as its likely to go past people and get picked up easier. But the whole idea still relies on people downloading the app, who knows wether it'll take off

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

A mate of mind has a security alarm system and cctv, both send him a text message if activated, he can access the cctv via a laptop and see what's going on. He's a bit of a tech geck and is is now thinking of fitting a loudspeaker so he'll be able to shout, or whisper (take your pick) so any scally will be looking around and wondering what to do next.

Has anybody experience of the systems that remotely link your CCTV cameras to your iPhone or iPad?

They phone you if you have an intruder and you can see what's going on. Only helps if your yard is a few minutes away.

Plus the recording 'may' help in a conviction

On a slightly different tack considering how many images have been taken of certain people while in the process of taking someone else's property it would be good to be able to build a picture gallery for future identification. There must be a considerable number of images available. what the legalities are for doing this I am not sure, but what a rouges gallery that would make. just a thought.

Prevention is better than cure - the TILE looks promising.

All this Charles Bronson crap (maiming, shooting, trapping etc.) is bo11ocks.

What do you think would happen if a nomad/low life drug abuser/common thief/organised criminal got tangled up in a load of hooks?

Would they just run off and never return? NO - a bunch of them will return and you will have a lot more to worry about. They know where you live but you don't know where they live. This sort of scum work like this. I have no intention of blabbing on in public about my security measures or saying what sort of terminator I have at my yard.

This is NOT Hollywood, we are not 'never gets hurt' heroes and the villains do not always get their come-uppance. And even if they did the mamby pamby legal system will side with them because you used undue force.

Deterrents not revenge. AND be careful what you say on an open forum - anyone could be reading.

Prevention is better than cure - the TILE looks promising.

All this Charles Bronson crap (maiming, shooting, trapping etc.) is bo11ocks.

What do you think would happen if a nomad/low life drug abuser/common thief/organised criminal got tangled up in a load of hooks?

Would they just run off and never return? NO - a bunch of them will return and you will have a lot more to worry about. They know where you live but you don't know where they live. This sort of scum work like this. I have no intention of blabbing on in public about my security measures or saying what sort of terminator I have at my yard.

This is NOT Hollywood, we are not 'never gets hurt' heroes and the villains do not always get their come-uppance. And even if they did the mamby pamby legal system will side with them because you used undue force.

Deterrents not revenge. AND be careful what you say on an open forum - anyone could be reading.

Second all the above . Real world stuff .