Sensible!!!! Suggestions for Combating Theft

woodland

Totally unconnected, but I use my 2 sheds to store my kit in. I also find them excellent places to hang my considerable collection of treble fishing hooks up to dry when I come back from a trip.

I find they dry best at face height.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cartridge alarms. Blank shotgun cartridges make a LOT of noise. And a good flash (in the dark) used to put a few down the track with wires going across.

The trouble is there is an almost unwritten rule with protecting your stuff when dealing with these type of thieves as my friend found out recently. he had set shotgun cartridge traps and also tyre spikes all of these were activated and as well as stealing everything they also smashed the f..k out of windscreens slashed tyres on trucks and generally broke the place up. :thumbdown:

Totally unconnected, but I use my 2 sheds to store my kit in. I also find them excellent places to hang my considerable collection of treble fishing hooks up to dry when I come back from a trip.

Yeah, i like the idea of "deterrents" that make sure they leave lots and lots of DNA evidence.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Fair point , Good Idea until the day you forgot they were there :biggrin:

I can't imagine having a yard away from home, my container is within 20 yards from where I live and is viewable from my window. I feel my kit is as secure as I can sensibly make it, im not going to tell you how ive secured it as I know for a fact that there are convicted criminals who are members on arbtalk.

The last time I caught someone sniffing around here I offered to break there legs if they didn't leave within 10 seconds, I think they thought I was joking until I pulled out a 1m length of steel bar from the cab. They've not been back since, touch wood.

I keep all my stuff at home.Any gear left in a lockup in a yard will be vulnerable.My garage is next to the house, has just the one door and no windows which are weak points.

If the dogs kick off in the night i always get up and check it out carrying a stave.The dogs can have a tear about and a good sniff.They arent capable of taking anybody on as they`re too soft, but they are on the alert 24/7.

If i didnt have the dogs, a baby monitor set up in a garage should have enough range to alert you of theft.

As far as stopping kit getting lifted on jobs, i`ve thought about getting some of that cammo paint that airsofters use.Spray everything up.It can be removed easy enough if you want to sell the saws. Most kit is bright colours orange, white,red,etc.Easy to spot for a scumbag nipping in when you have your eye off the ball.Cammoing might not stop all theft, but if its seconds and they dither because kit is not immediately obvious or not the expected colour, then that might make the difference.

Edited by raker