Which harness to buy?

Sciadopitys

I love the TM for its manoeuvrability / gear placement but can‘t, recommend it for utility work. the problem (quite a big one) is its life span, 3 months for everyday use according to manufacturing rec. not very long for a £240+ harness, I’ve had my one for about 4, and it’s still in pretty good nick, but I’ve had to put some tape on the webbing,near the leg buckle to protect it from conifer and thorn, as that part sticks out and takes a serious hammering . On the plus side it has made me a more cautious cutter, in the old weaver days I ’d dive strait inn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i bought my Austria duo2 i set out certain criteria of things that it had to have.

such as:

Clips on waist and legs

not having to put legs through leg loops

optional seat

good amount of attachment loops

good adjustability

nice paaded waist belt

and it had to look pretty funky too

narrowed my search down alot from the hoards that are out there.

• 8 months later...

so has any1 found out where to get a kolibri with the leg clasps for quick on and off action?, seems like a few people have mentioned them being realeased later in the month, that was in march, its now december, should i give up on my search?

Its my only real gripe with it is that its a juggling act to get the beast on! well if any1 could reply i'd be very greatful :thumbup1:

so has any1 found out where to get a kolibri with the leg clasps for quick on and off action?, seems like a few people have mentioned them being realeased later in the month, that was in march, its now december, should i give up on my search?

Its my only real gripe with it is that its a juggling act to get the beast on! well if any1 could reply i'd be very greatful :thumbup1:

Still not out yet I'll see if I can get a date.:001_smile:

does any one find that the aus duo sits you abit too far back? especially when descending far away from the stem or footlocking? i also have an edelrid treemagic and a treemotion at the mo. very good in terms of manouverability and adjustment. loads of gear loops and equiment options. had my treemotion for two years plus and still going strong. before that was out, never fought id find better than the treemagic. both awesome bits o bling and very comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Its all about the Buckingham glide II for me. Comfort with slightly loose leg loops when not under load plus freedoom of movement coupled with its ability to easily adjust while climbing makes it perfect in my eyes. Its also rather simple without too much gadgetry going on. Unlike some other harnesses out there

I tried a few when i did my course and settled with the Austrian Due that the instructor provided with one of his kits. It was slightly too small but i got on well with it and i liked the clip in seat that you could get.

As and when i come to start climbing all the time i think i will look at the Austrian duo 3. Looks to be some good improvements on there.