ms 460

rowan lee

I love my 441 compared to my old 440 it feels much quicker and easier to start. Put a smile on my face when i first started her up. Ive never used a 460, as i got a 660 and 880.

I have heard good things about the 460 though

I used to swear by my 440. Then it died, eventually, then I upgraded to the 460. It was everything the 440 was but more power...with almost the same weight. Perfect.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 460 with a 20". The bar I have is the expensive heavy duty stihl one, it's a false economy getting the cheaper one. This bar is so fat and stubby at the nose that it seems shorter than 20", It's also pretty vicious on kickback.

This saw is so good, It has a great power to weight ratio. I am going to invest in a 25" bar to make it really versatile.

Maybe the only saw you'll ever need?

Great saw, have 20" & 25" for mine, usually lives on the 25" though.

If any new ones are still out there I'd certainly grab one while they are... :thumbup1:

• 2 months later...

Turns out it was a brand new ex stock 460 indeed. Got it with a 25'' bar. Its the biggest saw Ive ever used, having upgraded from a 261. Cant believe the speed and guts it has for its weight. Granted I wouldn't like to cross cut all day with it, but what a saw. Very happy cutting this season. :thumbup:

P9280115.jpg.18fbeb9edab2e439dcf6ba5aaedac238.jpg

P9280114.jpg.7b89bda7581406d5e85fea154c4e91ec.jpg

Edited by Steve Bullman

Turns out it was a brand new ex stock 460 indeed. Got it with a 25'' bar. Its the biggest saw Ive ever used, having upgraded from a 261. Cant believe the speed and guts it has for its weight. Granted I wouldn't like to cross cut all day with it, but what a saw. Very happy cutting this season. :thumbup:

HI MATE ive got a 461 i were told the 460 were all sold a year ago thanks jon :thumbup:

well lad, if pasin this way try my 660, same bar but nuclear reactor inside it!

Cheers Dermot, I'll pm you my contact details.

HI MATE ive got a 461 i were told the 460 were all sold a year ago thanks jon :thumbup:

Same Jon, tried every shop in Ireland and was told the same thing until I got lucky :thumbup1:

Nice one! Get the dual port muffler if it doesn't have it - makes a huge difference. I spent a good part of a summer in Oregon on a landing cross cutting logs with an 046mag. After a few days, I could barely feel my fingers for the vibration and the cold.

large.jpg

Wow,long way from home. Bet it was an amazing summers work, cold hands or not. Or maybe it was like the romantic image everyone has of irish bogs - never the same until you experience a summers work on one, getting eaten alive by midges, cut hands, sore back etc haha.