Buying new gear to start up..

StanGreen2012

Hi all,

I am pretty new to the industry and have been recommended to sign up to Arbtalk to get some advice on buying new gear. I have just finished my course and I am looking to buy some PPE, Climbing equipment and a topper (probably the new Husky 540 as its just arrived!). I live out in the sticks in the South West so ideally I am looking to get everything sent in the post...

Any recommendations of where to buy from? Where have people had good service from?

Cheers

Stan

If you are using a computer etc and not the phone app for arbtalk then on the right had side are a whole heap of companies that sell arb gear bud.

If not try frjonesandsons

Honey bros

Skyland

To name just a few, also when buying a saw have a look around at what dealers are close to you (for spares) as this can some times steer you into what saws you get.

Cheers dan

Cheers for the quick reply guys.

Yeh I was looking at the Husky as no one can send out the Stihl saws in the post anymore!! I have looked at FRJones and Honey Brothers website and they both look pretty good.

I know my parents have bought lawnmowers from a site called mowwithus and they have a forestry site called forestandarb.com which sells all the same stuff as FRJones and Honey Brothers. Just wondered if anyone has used them as well?

as someone else said, check out local dealer, if you need a plug or new fuel can,you dont want to be waiting on a delivery, breakdowns cost money , so get your face known in your local dealer and im sure they will help out with getting kit repaired quickly,good luck mate