Anyone else had to stop grass cutting?

Gardenmac

It's great on the commercial contracts but private clients start to bother that you are not needed.

I always say that if it was a wet summer we would be working twice as hard so its swings and roundabouts. Charge them anyway and put dry stripes on the lawn. You'll need the money in the bank for a rainy day.

I don't cut grass bar my own, but it's been nearly two weeks now since it was last cut and it's not needing it. Some of it has browned too, though not as bad as the golf course which is fully 50% scorched.

I mow my grass every 2-3 days and never remove the clippings. mower It is still green but couple of spots showing stress. I am also on very sandy soil The clippings feed and help prevent moisture loss and disappear into the lawn almost instantly. Having said all that I haven't cut for 10 days now

Yep its slowed to a stand still here . Most of it looks like a cricket wicket . On a side note having to feed horses hey in their paddock cos no grass to eat . Bonkers !

Edited by Stubby
spelling

I had to stop at the nursery I do as they are on sandy soil with no watering system near the front two lawns the back and main field is still green but I have been cutting them on a higher cut than normal when it started warming up and have not cut them for almost two weeks now with intentions of doing them Monday evening but the front two lawns are baked so cut them even though they are bone dry and now the staff there are watering them to try and get some life back into them lol