Contract Climbing

jezzeppe

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard and you are expected to work wonders when subbing to landscape / poor tree firms who know very little on tree work and how it's actually done

end up having to run the job and decide for everyone what is actually going to happen to said tree :001_smile:

To be a successful subby you need to be able to do any tree you are given with the equipment available. I sub too about 6 different co's with varying levels of gear ranging from virtually nothing to a 23m spider lift.

Most of my work is just run of the mill stuff with the odd crappy tree thrown in but this is because they know I can do whatever is asked. If someone only ever gets me me in for horrible trees then they are either charged a lot more £££ or more often than not I'd be busy. I don't like people that extract urine as it were.

It's hard and you are expected to work wonders when subbing to landscape / poor tree firms who know very little on tree work and how it's actually done , Tim that is one of the best pionts I have heard in ages

Why thanks , it's true tho a subbie can end up being the boss for the day

it's all i do and it's epic. six or seven crew's to work for at any one time ,it gets you loads of mates aswell. and you can bring some of the crew's together when they need help on big jobs, all in all a lot more open and out there than sticking to one employer if that makes sense. five yrs experience a must.

thats what i wanted to hear gray lol yeah reckon i might stick with my employer for a bit just done a job with some tricky lowering involved, wasn't to sure how to go about it. Got it figured in the end and all was good ( lilltle bit over run on time ) .