Huskie 540XP finally!!!

coleman

we have after two years problems with it what I forgot to write. It switch off somethimes when you just leave it without acceleration and sometimes it is a problem fire it, we guess that it was a spark but it didnt solve it(i talk about two saws and both have quite same problem, and they are hardly used every day) Husky seems has solution to this problems by some system I dont remember how it is called, question is if it works :) and it isnt just sells bulshit

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys maybe im in wrong threat but I like to ask you if Husky 540XP is from more durable materials than 201 stihl, we just today smashed handle and actualy all plastic on it is broken or worst. That happened when I was just sending it to my mate and it hit quite gently a branch. Im looking for my first top handle and this experience quite comfused me, before i preferred stihl... (better spend money for saw than send them to taxman:001_rolleyes:) thank you :confused1:

The handle does seem to be the weak point. Had the same happen to us. Luckily the part is only £10 but its an arse to fit!!!

Good news, Stubby. Still awaiting mine.

Ripped and chogged some big rounds of syc just to " bed in" the rings ( using mineral 2 stroke oil ) and set the auto tune . When its done a couple of tank fulls will use my fave synth oil . Felt really good from the off though . Glad they did not go for the Stihl 1/4 turn caps . No danger of the oil pouring out as its hoisted up ! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Been subbing for a company and seen this saw used regularly the last 4 weeks, pisses all over the 201t! On par with the 200t, although the husky has little bit extra torque. I will be buying one myself in the coming weeks.

Thats exactly how I have found it Tom . :001_smile: