Opinions on this reduction please

Perkins

The tree is approx.16inch dbh and is in a conservation area.

If you feel strongly about the work then report it to the relevant LPA.

I recently attended a meeting between local contractors and Tree Officers. The TO's did say they wanted to be informed about bad workmanship on protected trees.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that it is one of the tarmaccing/roofing/tree surgery/patio's/fascias/garden clearance brigade.

If you look closely at the side branches, they have tried to cut to growth points. I think it was probably a new start-up or landscaper that think they can do tree work.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I agree.

Con area rules apply then

I should drop a line to the council tomorrow then.

Either that or get on with your life and use the time to be the best that you can be. Best case scenario if you call them is someone get's fined. Worst case is an elderly lady who doesn't know better is caused a lot of upset.

I like to think I'm a fairly moral bloke. And have been put in hopsital before twice standing up to people picking on vulnerable people in town. However I don't believe in causing grief because you can, do it because you need to.

I'm not interested in getting anybody into trouble, just helping the churchwardens to understand that this could have been done better. (And obviously I'm their man).

Pop in and have a coffee then. That way they can listen if they want, and ignore if they don't. Upside is that you MAY get work out of it, and you will know that no grief has been caused.

I'm not interested in getting anybody into trouble, just helping the churchwardens to understand that this could have been done better. (And obviously I'm their man).

I had a look on the website link in your signature but couldn't see any examples of a quality reduction. If you could maybe show pictures of some quality reductions on your website then your local church wardens could see what it should have ended up looking like.