What ground saw is best these days?

sammym

Surely they can't be tha good? Back in the day it would have been a 660 for that sort of job...

I got a 560 and it is a stonking saw strait out of the box but I had mine "tweeked" by petemate . If you have not used a 60cc for a while you might be surprised . I run mine on an 18" full chiz . They are outrageous on a 15" !!:thumbup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day.... There was no such thing as a 261!

Unless "back in the day" is last year? in which case you need a lesson in the appropriate use of proverbs and colloquialisms.

Answers above are all correct ofcourse, 550xp All The way.

On a more serious note, if my wife heard you speak like that she'd smack some sense into you.

Bollockspeak like that is insensitive, sexist, immoral and unnecessarily demeaning to women and it makes you sound like a complete "Caring Understanding Nineties Type" ....

Back in the day.... There was no such thing as a 261!

Unless "back in the day" is last year? in which case you need a lesson in the appropriate use of proverbs and colloquialisms.

Answers above are all correct ofcourse, 550xp All The way.

On a more serious note, if my wife heard you speak like that she'd smack some sense into you.

Bollockspeak like that is insensitive, sexist, immoral and unnecessarily demeaning to women and it makes you sound like a complete "Caring Understanding Nineties Type" ....

Maybe it just seems like a long time ago. I closed my company down around 18 months ago, but since then I've changed a lot and am just getting back into the swing of things.

Also remembering properly now, two were 260's and two were 261's I'd replaced them with. One of the 260's didn't work but I was keeping it thinking that I'd fix it or something one day.

And have a bit of chillax, it was a tongue in cheek comment, that is all. I treat all women very very well... Until it's the morning then they are kicked out pronto. :)

Edited by sammym

A 660? That's for 6ft+ trees!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

You say tom-ay-to I say tom-art-o. I don't really do big tree work, and when I ever had any hard wood work over a couple of foot I liked to use a big big saw. I was more confident with a bit more grunt to breeze through the wood, rather than standing there for eternity hoping it wouldn't barber chair.

Maybe it just seems like a long time ago. I closed my company down around 18 months ago, but since then I've changed a lot and am just getting back into the swing of things.

Also remembering properly now, two were 260's and two were 261's I'd replaced them with. One of the 260's didn't work but I was keeping it thinking that I'd fix it or something one day.

And have a bit of chillax, it was a tongue in cheek comment, that is all. I treat all women very very well... Until it's the morning then they are kicked out pronto. :)

I'd give ya sense of humour a kick in to touch mate! :001_rolleyes: