Cutting friction cord to length

lewiswood

Laugh all you like, it's true and it works well. Its 3 wraps 2 braids I believe and that's using 8mm Marlow braid friction chord with fishermans, I like it nice and compact an it's worked fine for the last 2 lengths, will get a pic as soon as I get home

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Not laughing at all mate. More amazed.

My VT is pretty compact. 3 wrap 2 braids on 8 mm armour pruss. What with the approximate 10 inches per fishermans knot for each termination. That's 20 inches added to the already 24ish inches for the knot to be tied, dressed and set.

So 44 inches is over a metre. I generally buy 4 metres and get three friction cords outta it.

I shall get a pic as soon as I'm home and post it. I have what I believe is an 80cm armour prus e2e on my lanyard in the same configuration and its almost twice as long as the Marlowe braid vt. mist admit, I was surprised when I could get a vt out of a metre but seems to work

Surely a fishermans doesn't take 10"? It's only a couple of wraps around something smaller than my little finger and a tail?

Try it mate. It takes up more than you think. Once bedded in you probably use 8-9 inches. The 10 inch measurement sit right for me with decent length tails on the termination knots.

• 4 weeks later...