Thoughts on Glastir Woodland Management

The whole Glastir scheme is a classic case of a scheme designed to keep as many admin jobs as possible. It's typical of the sort of Eurocrap with additional WAG goldplating that is all about bureaucracy & nowt about conservation or even (perish the thought!) food production.

I'll have nothing to do with any of it - stuff them & their ticklists.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole Glastir scheme is a classic case of a scheme designed to keep as many admin jobs as possible. It's typical of the sort of Eurocrap with additional WAG goldplating that is all about bureaucracy & nowt about conservation or even (perish the thought!) food production.

I'll have nothing to do with any of it - stuff them & their ticklists.

Bat boxes, owl boxes, bird boxes, squirrel traps, creating wildlife pond, coppicing, native tree planting, leaving meadows ungrazed at specific times of year.....

Nothing to do with conservation? :lol:

Bat boxes, owl boxes, bird boxes, squirrel traps, creating wildlife pond, coppicing, native tree planting, leaving meadows ungrazed at specific times of year.....

Well of course there will be a few boxes etc here and there - need the pics for next years brochure. What's the actual unit cost of these works though? I know I'm like a stuck record but we never could afford all these schemes and now everyone, of all political colours, are finally admitting we're absolutely drowning in debt there will be hard choices to make. Cutting back the quangos will be one of the easier ones.

All with attached points. Wake up , don't be so naive - It's like prizes for points with the prizes paid out of general taxation. All these points have to be tallied & cross checked & monitored & if two of your bat boxes have fallen down, there's some SFP docked. Who is going to check whether you had two dexters on that meadow you claimed would be ungrazed? That's right- another bod in WAG - yet another on the public sector payroll. Wait until they get drones operating, there'll be another whole swathe of admin & technical staff attached to that. Then you won't be able to have a piss within 7.52M of your wildlife pond.

Sir Humphrey would have had wet dreams if he could have seen the possibilities of Glastir for building an admin empire.

Well of course there will be a few boxes etc here and there - need the pics for next years brochure. What's the actual unit cost of these works though? I know I'm like a stuck record but we never could afford all these schemes and now everyone, of all political colours, are finally admitting we're absolutely drowning in debt there will be hard choices to make. Cutting back the quangos will be one of the easier ones.

We get £25 per box and we're contracted to put up 50... so that's £1250 total. That amount also includes cleaning out/ checking the boxes once per year (over 5 years).

The Glastir money all comes from the EU. So would you rather UKGov pays millions in to the EU and nothing coming back?

All with attached points. Wake up , don't be so naive - It's like prizes for points with the prizes paid out of general taxation. All these points have to be tallied & cross checked & monitored & if two of your bat boxes have fallen down, there's some SFP docked. Who is going to check whether you had two dexters on that meadow you claimed would be ungrazed? That's right- another bod in WAG - yet another on the public sector payroll. Wait until they get drones operating, there'll be another whole swathe of admin & technical staff attached to that. Then you won't be able to have a piss within 7.52M of your wildlife pond.

Sir Humphrey would have had wet dreams if he could have seen the possibilities of Glastir for building an admin empire.

The money comes from the EU, general taxation goes into the EU even if we don't claim any back. So are you suggesting we leave the EU?.... sounds like you support UKIP. (oh dear)!

Couldn't give a monkeys if they want to checkup on what we're doing as we'd be doing all this stuff anyway.... it just happens we get to do what we would like to do PLUS get paid something towards it.

It's simple mathematics.

Would you prefer those admin jobs (paid via the EU) to disappear so they can increase the debt burden via unemployment, etc?

We can't afford all these non jobs with associated budget and expenses. I'm going to keep repeating it until people finally grasp the concept - we are spending nearly £10b per month more than taking in taxes. That's 10 billion added to the debt every month.

I agree to an extent - keeping in mind that the Glastir money is drawn back from the EU. To stop that means leaving the EU and that won't happen over night in any party.

£55 billion of tax per year lost in non-payment, fraud and/or errors (fiddling).

Another way to substantially lower that debt is to put a stop to extortionate salaries & expenses in the public sector.... eg, Council Chief Executives being paid more than the Prime Minister.

There is also a massive self-interest in the NHS from many of our politicians.... and Lords. Who is paying for that? ....we do!

It doesn't take long to wipe out that debt if you look in the right places.

The money comes from the EU, general taxation goes into the EU even if we don't claim any back. So are you suggesting we leave the EU?.... sounds like you support UKIP. (oh dear)!

The EU has no money of it's own, it's all yours & mine. Personally I'd rather keep mine, I don't know about you?

I voted not to join the EU in 1974 & have been proved right ever since. I would be delighted if we came out now, & I do support UKIP

Couldn't give a monkeys if they want to checkup on what we're doing Have you read "1984"?

as we'd be doing all this stuff anyway.... it just happens we get to do what we would like to do PLUS get paid something towards it.

It's simple mathematics.

No, it's simple bureaucracy

Would you prefer those admin jobs (paid via the EU) to disappear so they can increase the debt burden via unemployment, etc?

Yes

Governments have NO money of their own, they raise it by taxation of the private sector. Every government non-job is a drain on the private sector, in fact, every government JOB is a drain etc. but of course some of these most people actually want e.g defence, education, basic health care, emergency services etc.

Now who wants Diversity Facilitators, Outreach Coordinators, Batbox Monitors etc?