all my woodwork so far

se7enthdevil

33 minutes ago, C.Stevens said:

I have nothing usefull to say mate but just thought I'd mention that I'm a fan of all your work whether it be joining or turning . Always top class work

that's useful in itself to me mate, thanks alot.

wish  i had the opportunity to do more joinery these days.

i did a newel post the other day that had to slot into a square base provided my the joiner that i rent some of the workshop from. he does quite a few stairs and this one was a copy of a victorian one only 65mm in section at its biggest. 

i also had to make a little cap for a post that was too long to go on my lathe but they will drill it in to the top of it on site.

P1060262.JPG

P1060264.JPG

P1060265.JPG

P1060271.JPG

P1060263.JPG

P1060273.JPG

P1060272.JPG

4 hours ago, harvey b davison said:

Hi Steve, hope you're ok. Quick question, I've noticed that on some of them balls you have some have some sort of white dots on them, what's the meaning (if any) behind them.

they are reclaimed games that were either late victorian or edwardian.

they usually just have some dots one side and the other is free of markings meaning i can get a better use of the timber for my purposes.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

surprise surprise, i've finished more skittles and balls.

these are for an american customer who wanted 9 normal pins and a kingpin. he also wanted two sets of ball one being 4 1/2" plastic (phenolic resin) and the others are 4 5/8" out of proper wood. i could not sell him lignum balls as i think it is illegal to send them overseas. they are made from a very hard timber called Cumaru.

10''x5'' beech gloucesters.JPG

kingpin.JPG

composite 4.5''.JPG

cumaru 4.625''.JPG

Edited by se7enthdevil
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...