advice /input help firewood processors

timberdelf

Hi all...

i am looking for ( Constructive advice ), on volumes of cubes produced on daily basis ie 8 hour day via a firewood processor IE Hakki etc ..

I am at the stage now that the firewood side of things has taken off and its time to take a leap to the next level if i wish to earn a few quid more.

so research time......:confused1:

just wanted to get a feel for cubes produced per day by you guys who run above machines on daily basis to enable me to work out costings and possible profits.

so if any one can give me some figures that would help greatly???

ps also is thier a towbable version of Hakkis or sim which are self driven or is it tractor job?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half as many cubes as the manufacturers say and 2" small than the max capacity. If you are going to do it, do it with at least a 14" machine unless you have you own 1000 acre forest full of 8" thinings. Processors work best with straight pine and beech and oak will always be a bitch to get through them.

Hi all...

i am looking for ( Constructive advice ), on volumes of cubes produced on daily basis ie 8 hour day via a firewood processor IE Hakki etc ..

I am at the stage now that the firewood side of things has taken off and its time to take a leap to the next level if i wish to earn a few quid more.

so research time......:confused1:

just wanted to get a feel for cubes produced per day by you guys who run above machines on daily basis to enable me to work out costings and possible profits.

so if any one can give me some figures that would help greatly???

ps also is thier a towbable version of Hakkis or sim which are self driven or is it tractor job?

HI MATE it there any money in logs if you have buy it in for a pro up to 14" it no good here that size will get nicked mate thanks jon

I have posted before you need log deck to get the most out of your processor best I can do is 15 cube per day that's on a posch s 350 don't know how this compares with others but that's how it is not going to ( big up ) a machine for any one

I'm using posch 3200 think its 12" maybe 13 any bigger you have to cut the back with a saw because the blade cant reach, does 12 cube a day on 4 - 9" stuff holding back the max diameter will do about 2.2 cube an hr with straight stuff near max but you need someone hauling the bags away for you or you can take your production down to just over a cube an hr. manages wriggly stuff most of the time but it does bend the blade on some and chew up your alloy guards and if your like me and slow to replace it will eventually cut into the steel plates at the side as well impressive thing is the blades seem to take it i do around 400 tons before I swap blades and I just picked 1 up yesterday from the saw doctor £44 to tidy it up.

Cutting at 8" length obviously 10 and 12" speeds you up a fair bit

Edited by Logsnstuff

Only had a processor a week but was doing 2 m3 per hour. That was a lot of 4"-6" straightish cord and some up to my machines max of 14". The size or the wood makes a big difference to the output. Messing about with some 3" sticks compared with a nice gun-barrel 10" ash stem is like chalk and cheese. For me the biggest time waster was processing a knotty twisted piece. These need a lot of adjusting in the splitter box. I am sure experience will speed this up thou. The machine is the Farmi WP36

I have a Palax with the new booster on the ram which makes it really quick

You need a log deck with a chain drive on it to get the must out of machine

Load 3 tons on of 10 fts are best that's about an hour of cutting 8 to 10 inch