What boots when climbing?

Fred Pass

Just wanted to get some info from the guys in the know....meindl airsteams, are they any good?

I'm currently using bog standard meindls.

ive had the air streams for a cple of months now and previously had the klima airs. air streams are heaps lighter and comfier but feel like they wont last as long-some of the stitching has started to fray at the back of the heel and a bit of the rand has become unglued.im sure the rand can be regkued real easy though but the stitching is a bit of a concern BUT they are very comfortable and provide heaps of support.

haix blue ridge for me they allways last me at least a year and they are very comfy once worn in.

not waterproof though but i just wear sealskins waterproof socks they dont wear out as quick as gortex in boots and they cost less too

Haix have brought out a new boot - Protector Light, and they're seriously lightweight - we've sent a couple of pairs out to local climbers to be tested, but the first impressions are good!

Haix Protector Light Chainsaw Boots

They're not 100% waterproof though, but as someone else mentioned a pair of SealSkinz would soon sort that out.

I use the air streams and they are awesome boots, although mine have wet patches externally just beside the front lase eye either side. I guess its moisture being pulled out of the boot but i can only imagine over time it may affect the material. Anyone elses do this or do i have really hot feet!!!