Rotovators

kev7937

Anyone recommend a small rotovator ?

We do 5 or 6 small turfing jobs a year not normally more than 100m2 and hiring each time is quite costly.

Not sure on the budget but will probably be buying new and nothing too large as access is often an issue.

Thanks

if i was to buy a rotavator i would look at nothing else but a BCS. or Camon rotavator. one of the best rotavators out there had two a 11hp honda and a 18hp lombardini the latter would rotavate anything a animal of a machine.

also you can get other bits for them if not rotavating so utilizing it.chipper.mower you name it nearly you can get attachments for it.

Steven Pit is your man at Burgess Hill very nice chap and a good firm to deal with

A camon (BCS) C8 would be ideal, the bigger one's are nice but they make a fair jump in price once you go above the C8 if buying new.

We have had the bigger ones but found them a bit of a pain to get them into tight places.

what i like about the camon is the rotovator box is a diddle to take off so you can replace the blades off the machine. just two big bolts. if the clutch needs replacing same again its a cone clutch just comes off new one on.but they are robust built for the hire market so have to be strong. but the Camon is for end users as the BCS is for the hire market. just as good as each other.

and always found them more than helpful over the years i dealt with them spares delivery was first class.

as for the others not tried them so can not comment.

We'd only be looking at a baby one and the c2000 is one we've hired before which has been big enough for most of our jobs so was thinking along those lines.

Trouble is just spoken to an out and out landscaper and they've got a husky one that he reckons is better, so anyone used one of them?

I know someone who used to use a husky, the serated lip on the rear flap is a hazard, he slipped whist reversing it off the truck and it sliced straight into his leg, that said they do a really nice job, but don't look very professional imo.

i did try a husky local husky dealer tried selling me one when i went in for a new saw!!

he saw my camon c10 rotovator on the back of my pick up & offered the husky rotovator as a demo it was not a bad machine & from what i can remeber it was not too bad a price!

but what i can tell you & gurantee it is that my c10 is now 12 years old i`v had it the last 10 years i got it off another landscaper who had used it for 2 years turfing new build housing estates it had been well used but well looked after

in the last 10 years it has rotovated tens of thousands of sq meters ready for turfing & has only just started giving a little grief the list goes; broken deadmans handle, clutch is stuck in drive so it is all or nowt! blades are well worn (there still the orignials) & the 10 horse honda is starting to feel like it is losing compression the starter rope is really easy to pull but still starts no problem & runs fine i just rotovated & turfed 40 sq meters this morning with it!

in the last ten years of abuse (used hard & put away wet) by myself & the reprebates i call workmates it has never had a spanner on it thats probs why it is like it is now!!!!

i dont know weather to put it right or just go buy another new one!!!!

if i do buy new i wont be buying the husky it will be another c10 they really do take the abuse!

i had a c8 prior to getting the c10 the 10 gets the job done a lot quicker than the 8 but is sometimes a little hard to get into back gardens down narrow paths which the 8 would sail down un hindered

its like buying any new kit the final decision boils down to what do you think is right for you i got a c8 cos thats what i had been hiring & liked the way they performed & i had never had one break down & thought it the best decision for me!!!

why not try hiring a husky & see how you like it?

or do a comparison test hire one of each & try them side by side expensive i know but would determine which you prefer!