Have I left it too late for Australia??

Morning Mike,

Hopefully I can help a little. I'm currently here in Aus, in the process of getting sponsored, or was until some unmentionable stuck his oar in to mess it up, luckily I've still got time before my working holiday visa is up.

Anyway, to the point; you need at least three years experience in the job or to be level III arboriculture/horticulture.

Your family can join you on the visa, as my partner would as defacto, which is great for them as they are free to do what they want, we would be stuck with the same company, possible same rate for the 4yrs! But you can then able for residency when you've been here for 2yrs, a little loop hole I'm thinking?! 😉

Also at the start of the new financial year, beginning of July, companies need to show that they've tried to employ Aussies for the position before us foreigners! So that's going make it harder for both of us! 😔

So the visa you'd be looking at is the 457, that's for the work you'll be expecting, there is a 475, which is regional but I think that'd be awful for your family, some of these rural areas are pretty isolated!

Come for a month, just yourself and see what you can get, maybe up sell yourself first before coming over, a get an old boss to sign you off for a few things? Cause if you do get a sponsorship, you can get flights payed for by the company, as long as its negotiated before hand! 😉

Hope this helps?

Pretty epic first ever post!! 😜 Haha

The spotty's on 457's at the moment, best option is to board a leaking wooden boat at Indonesia head towards the Aussie coast and whilst under heavy surveillance from the both Indonesian and Australian authorities radio a mayday, scuttle the boat utilising fire ignited by your identity papers and by that stage your government water taxi shouldn't be far off plucking you from the drink.

Going well and if your haven't committed a terrorist act in the past few days your laughing. It doesn't matter if you have no skills as the government will force the tax paying public to support you. As for all those terrible people applying through legitimate channels, shame on you, your showing no effort or commitment to live in this "lucky" country.

Seriously thou, from an employers perspective there are pro's and cons with your age and experience. Good luck man

I'm also on a 457 and here with my wife and 4 year old son. Problem is that everyone has mentioned is they have too offer the job too Aussies before yourself. Now with out being too blunt it doesn't sound like you can offer them something that an Aussie can't. You could be classed as a glorified groundy or low skilled second climber. Put your head down for a year or 2 and learn as much and get as many tickets/ Cerys as you can and make yourself a candidate that no employer can refuse.

Jake:thumbup1: