whats on your harness srt boys?

At the moment iv got: 1 sling, 2 beaners, an anchor ring, isc swingcheek pulley, grillon, first aid kit and rescue knife.

The hand ascender and footloop only tends to come out for big old ascents.

Anyone fancy a little show as well as tell? :laugh1: I'll post a photo of mine tomorrow.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you setting up your final anchor with a mallion, im still on running bowline, behind the times ay

Same as any other final anchor regarding a krab but with a mailon. I use alpine butterfly choked with a mailon because I don't like the way the kray sits against the trunk with potential cross loading forces. Mailon is cheaper and has a higher s.w.l

Jake:thumbup1:

Same as any other final anchor ...I use alpine butterfly choked with a mailon ...:

Me, too, for top ties. I also carry a small cut down wrench to snug up the Maillion. I have not had one open after tightening by hand, but on something like an anchor that will be out of sight for a large part of the day, it adds safety to use a wrench. Sorry, this is an old picture but the only one that shows the wrench.

On my harness.

Two wire gate Revolvers

Two Petzl OK biners

Two non-locking Climb Right Paddle biners

Sidewinder

100_4445.jpg

Dave

Edited by D Mc

Making the transition to srt full time at the moment, trees im working on seem to be getting bigger and i spend most my time when climbing thinking, if i was on srt i could do it this way man that would be easy... doh.

Just nice to see what you all carry on an average climb just for srt use, i know every tree is different and every job is different but roughly. Im currently at:

2 slings

fig 8

hand ascender

Not on my harness includes the obvious

sling and krab for chest harness

pantin

Will be nice to see how much or how little people are taking up

Arran

2 slings with dmm revolvers and a single crab to get the top point if required. Chest loop and crab, i think thats it really.

what are the big anchor ring uses dude?

Here you go mate. The ring and krab can be used with a bight to create a static redirect, useful when climbing from a base anchor into smaller TIPS. At the moment it's non retrievable, but I'm working on that. To tie it; just pass a bight through the ring then over your redirect, back through the ring and clip a krab into the bight. It holds against both legs (static) therefore you can take all loading off other TIPS should you feel the need.

The last pic is with a revolver as a friction/heat sink for long descents.

I use the ring often with a top tie in, it helps on retrieval as it reduces friction. I'm not into the mallion/butterfly stuff, so when I do this I normally aim to finish my climb at my anchor and then clip either my tail or a throwline to the ring as a retrieval line.

Using the ring choked line on a pole is handy, clip a length of line the same length as the bits you're cutting off to the ring (I generally use whatever redirect slings I have on my harness). Cut your piece, climb down, pull the tug line to release your rope, it falls to you, choke it back up, cut, repeat. You can do this without a ring but there's so much less friction with the ring, you can do it all one handed.

I also use the ring in base anchors along the same lines. Less rope on rope action. If doing this I usually tie a butterfly above the ring to reduce the "flop factor" and sagging.

If you're leaving a semi-permenant redirect in and are unhappy leaving a remote krab/revolver, you can girth a sling onto the ring instead, however this requires threading the length through.

Hope this all makes sense!

20130702_123332.jpg.605b02ea47ec02d5bef6103edbf0731a.jpg

20130702_121056.jpg.11b7f84959be1d2739f1e2683bc74609.jpg

20130702_121103.jpg.5c683bf5649f3aecd3e67c091a7c39ee.jpg

Me, too, for top ties. I also carry a small cut down wrench to snug up the Maillion. I have not had one open after tightening by hand, but on something like an anchor that will be out of sight for a large part of the day, it adds safety to use a wrench. Sorry, this is an old picture but the only one that shows the wrench.

On my harness.

Two wire gate Revolvers

Two Petzl OK biners

Two non-locking Climb Right Paddle biners

Sidewinder

100_4445.jpg

Dave

Is that a HH prototype?