Incinerators in tree surgery

Rowden the cowboy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously think that this could be a viable alternative to chipping even on urban sites, as they seem to burn so cleanly and quickly. then you have no chippings to dispose of, very little maintenance, and a quieter worksite. Think of the man hours that are spent ferrying loads of chip to your yard.

Really ! I'm sure the EA would have something to say about you burning the prunings from Mrs Smith's apple tree in the middle of acacia drive !

Kingwell Holdings import these machines and although i have no direct experience of them several people have told me air burners don't work as well as some would have you believe.

I think the tractor trailer incinerators pictured earlier however work very well on the right job. I did something similar myself when taking down a big scots pine on a golf course. Saved damaging the ground.

As for noisey inefficient chippers i would suggest that maybe it's time for a chipper over haul !

Really ! I'm sure the EA would have something to say about you burning the prunings from Mrs Smith's apple tree in the middle of acacia drive !

Kingwell Holdings import these machines and although i have no direct experience of them several people have told me air burners don't work as well as some would have you believe.

I think the tractor trailer incinerators pictured earlier however work very well on the right job. I did something similar myself when taking down a big scots pine on a golf course. Saved damaging the ground.

As for noisey inefficient chippers i would suggest that maybe it's time for a chipper over haul !

All very true. As for the noisy, inefficient chipper, we have a Timberwolf 150DHB, so you can see my point. They are truly awful.. The stress feed comes on as soon as anything thicker than 2" goes in, the blades are a pain to change, and it is just crap for any material like yew, where there is a lot of leaf matter going through. It jams easily and makes too much noise. Perhaps if i'd only worked on 14" bandit chippers my opinion of chippers would be less prejudiced, but i seem to spend most of trhe time cutting and refeeding material that was just too much for our TW first time round.

Really ! I'm sure the EA would have something to say

yeah i agree with this, i have been thinking about this, and hopefully this method might work for us in the summer, if we do get some work on estates or large farms.

yeah i agree with this, i have been thinking about this, and hopefully this method might work for us in the summer, if we do get some work on estates or large farms.

i think its an excellent idea, how do you stop the fire burning out the floor of the trailer and torching the wheels, do you put sand on the floor?

It's important to buy a trailer first off that has a good deal of clearnance between the tyre and body - you can then build up sand over the wheel, I just used to use ash... once you've walked over it a few times and it's been left out in the rain ash actually acts as an excellent insulator

It's important to buy a trailer first off that has a good deal of clearnance between the tyre and body - you can then build up sand over the wheel, I just used to use ash... once you've walked over it a few times and it's been left out in the rain ash actually acts as an excellent insulator

nice one, i scrapped an old dung spreader for someone last year with a cracking set of wheels and axle:scared1: that would of been ideal:001_smile:

Why not chip the waste and create a useable product?!

Burning may seem like an easier/cheaper option but from my experience its a lot more work and time consuming than chipping. In the long term chipping has to be a lot more viable.

parker your experience isnt much more than mine or rowdens. you re still at college with us.also with a chipper you end up with a yard full of chip you cant shift as fuel wood chip ect has to be clean.power stations also want clean dry chip.i think if this could be made and customers dont mind having a wacking great trailed inferno on their drive then brilliant. burning in some cases can be a lot faster (obviously depending on the timber) and cheaper than chipping. chippers cost what? £11,000 new for a tinnywolf? this will cost half that including a tractor to pull it. rowden at the next agricultural auction we must get an old spreader and try and make one of these :thumbup1:

Edited by Adam