strange/random finds in trees

TreePuncher

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some years back I was planing up some Brazilian Mahogany boards. I noticed something metallic in the wood and my first thought was "O bu##er that's my blades wrecked" but on close inspection the blades where fine. Dug out the offending object from the board and it was an old lead musket shot :001_huh:

This was in the middle of what would have been a large tree so pretty darn old. Maybe even fired by a Spanish conquistador but will never know.

Up an oak in boreham wood I found a bill hook and whilst felling a beech in Croydon we kept blunting our big saw. Whilst chatting with the old girl that lived there we found out a doodle bug had demolition the house opposite. Bloody Luftwaffe stuffed a new chain!

My old partner still has a ring from the tree as a table, nice shine bits of bomb case all in it.

Up an oak in boreham wood I found a bill hook and whilst felling a beech in Croydon we kept blunting our big saw. Whilst chatting with the old girl that lived there we found out a doodle bug had demolition the house opposite. Bloody Luftwaffe stuffed a new chain!

My old partner still has a ring from the tree as a table, nice shine bits of bomb case all in it.

i would like to see that can you get a pic up

• 3 weeks later...

I had just started dismantling a medium sized willow tree witch was covered in ivy in the east end of glasgow,and this dodgy lookin guy appeared from the neighbouring propery,it had matal bar fence all round the garden and a few staffies roaming about,he started asking allsorts of questions so I came down,as soon as I turned my back he hopped up the tree and came down with a box wrapped in brown tape,he quickly had look inside then disappeared,I imagine it was drugs of some sort...

Is the first a fuse for a round/mortar/shell? 2nd pic is fantastic

1st definitely looks like a mortar, 2nd looks like a maxim, god knows how the machine gun didn't get moved over the years, but then again, communists are strange people

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App