SRT base anchors and rescue anchors

I know a couple of lads from here have discussed possibly doing video demos of rescue methods while in SRTWP.

Having a read through a few threads there's very little about these and hardly any photos of the setups.

So I was working for a firm today that had never seen anything like it so found a little time this morning to go through a simple method of rescue should the unthinkable happen!!!

So if you have any pictures of any different types of base anchors or rescue base anchors then feel free to post.

So here's a simple little base anchor for smaller trees if you have a long rope like me, I don't want to be pulling through a huge tail of rope every time I reroute myself, so with this little simple trick you can make a 50m line any length you want by simple using a sling in this case I've used a DMM multi-sling, firstly a pulled enough line through on my work side of the rope then tied an inline knot such as this figure of 8, ( you can use any inline knot) the clipped the bina into the knot, simple and very affective and saves buying another shorter rope :D

This can also be made into a rescue anchor buy clipping another climbing line into the inline knot then cut the multi-sling not the rope ;)

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1371745770.097704.jpg.a418888e8511facdbfb47fec433ba53d.jpg

My next one is a little more gear intensive but very affective.

Using a friction hitch such as this VT and a figure of 8 tell help reduce the friction on the hitch when using it to lower the climber.

I've used some yalex with a XS DMM bat plate for the attachment points as the main anchor, but you can use anything that's safe and rated to hand.

The inline knot such as the alpine butterfly is a back up should the hitch slip at all, but if tied, set, and dressed right then it really shouldn't move at all.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1371746225.129526.jpg.3c15f6a62451b8990bb088a236ba0790.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1371746363.021581.jpg.fcf162a02fdf0c89f6173434d2b47a66.jpg

Ill get a few more up but like I've said if anyone has anymore feel free to put them up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1371746332.630187.jpg.6e2ffd19ee68b1ae0172c69e390128bf.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1371745720.285328.jpg.18b4f5aa9f5948bc5bc06c9bc14660f6.jpg

Adam, we can get the gopros out and do some filming, i know me and dan are thinking of variations for in the tree rescue and 2 guys single line rescue after discussing it with Mat Shute (Gibbon)

Sounds like a plan mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App