How do they do it

lyons e

Just priced a job on a building site , where they pushed the trees over ripped the roots out and pushed it up in a big ball , so you got to pick through it so there a day day half on site , we put it in for 9 + vat , they come in at 450 how can you compete with that bare in mind there Cis tax got come out am I being picky

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Worst thing about that is the mud on the branches etc, like the man says...best out of it.

There was alot of mud on it , I was taking a good look at that thinking of the bearings on the chipper , probably am of out of it , just shows what you got to compete against

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I've been quoting jobs a long time, sometimes you get them when you feel you may have been too pricey, then you go tight on a job to get it and lose it by a mile.

Just before I moved out here (8 years ago) I was quoting work and telling people basically I couldn't care less if I got it or not as I was emigrating, I never had such a high take up rate, people smell desperation and (to a certain extent!) want you if they think you don't care too much if you get the job 'cos you are busy or similar.

That's human nature I guess.