Travlling with Gear

J.Bailey

How the hell did you get a chainsaw on an aircraft?!

They have a policy of no gas powered tools at all. Even brand new and unused.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I've taken saws on planes no trouble at all. As long as all oil drained and carbs ran dry there was no issue. Last time we took saws we had a four man team with kit rigging, 7 saws up to 660 and spares. We packed bars and chains in separate cases but can't remember if that was a requirement or not. Just make sure you go through red line at customs if your out of eu and declare it or you might have to pay import tax coming home

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have another bag but its 17kgs with boots harness, chainsaw pants and spikes and what not so still got clothes and other stuff to try and fit

Who are you flying with? i flew with Norwegian air a few weeks back and was only £5 extra for another 20kg bag,When i go to either Norway or Sweden i just get another bag,it lets you take everything you need without the hassle.

Who are you flying with? i flew with Norwegian air a few weeks back and was only £5 extra for another 20kg bag,When i go to either Norway or Sweden i just get another bag,it lets you take everything you need without the hassle.

Flying with ryan air, might have to do that next time take an extra bag, just took my boots out and going to get some over there needed a new pair anyway. all i needed was a 25kg limit and would be easy.

I'm flying out to perth on tuesday.

i've read online that rope is a no no, as are carabiners as they could be used as knuckle dusters!

but i've also read that many people have got away with it. Sounds like it's all down to who you get on security and there discression

I'm flying out to perth on tuesday.

i've read online that rope is a no no, as are carabiners as they could be used as knuckle dusters!

but i've also read that many people have got away with it. Sounds like it's all down to who you get on security and there discression

Yeh i just put them in checked in luggage in the end didnt want to get there and them to say no.

@ j. Bailey i worked there for over 6 months its a good company, you will enjoy it. Ian will be a good boss, best of luck. got away with rope and got charged going to Oslo same price as a new rope. when i flew back from Ozzie i had 10 Throwbags on my person, they didnt like it too much in Dabei was pretty funny. no its not a bomb promise :) saved me 2-3kgs tho

• 1 month later...

Went out to the alps last month for some rock/alpine climbing. Got away with carrying my rope and some Krabs in the hand luggage. That was with EasyJet, the hold luggage was 0.5kg under the limit but there's no weight limit for hand luggage. If need be tho book an extra bag in advance as its a lot cheaper than paying the excess at the airport.5kg's over at the airport = £45, booking extra luggage in advance £25.