IRATA LEVEL 1 Looking to get into arboriculture as a climber

Stueyfox

Hi guys, I am new to the forum so be kind please!

I am IRATA Level 1 qualified and looking to get into tree surgery. Obviously with my rope access qulification I am looking to become a climber, but i like all the groundwork too and realise you must start from the bottom. It was actually working in my own garden that got me into it all, including rock climbing, a couple of years ago now. I am an outdoorsy person and keen to work hard whatever the weather because i like seeing results at the end of a hard days graft and genuinely enjoy this type of work for some reason! 😄

I would therefore like to hear from people who may be looking to take someone on, even just on a casual basis to start, or advise on whos currently looking through word of mouth etc.

I am 24 and live in the north Kent area near Dartford, with a full drivers licence. I would be available immediately and I am also happy to work weekends if needed or just at weekends to start out, possibly filling in for someone.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys.

P.s. any hints in the right direction would also be gratefully received

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Richard Olley at Kingswood training. He might put you in the right direction, with training and contacts. Because your IRATA doesn't convert I don't think!! He's based in Tunbridge Wells. Give him a shout. Good luck.

Agree.You'll be lucky to get that amount in a week with trees!

Agree aswell or move to Norwich, they got a helipad there to fly you out, work between there and holland, etc, if you don't fancy going away for 2 weeks at a time, would advise getting onto rail, £130-150 a day more for nights, am on rail myself ATM I also hear there is a lot of rope acess work in Kent ATM, do you have any chainsaw tickets?

Agree aswell or move to Norwich, they got a helipad there to fly you out, work between there and holland, etc, if you don't fancy going away for 2 weeks at a time, would advise getting onto rail, £130-150 a day more for nights, am on rail myself ATM I also hear there is a lot of rope acess work in Kent ATM, do you have any chainsaw tickets?

Who u working for on rail?