Working alongside idiots

We were on a job yesterday consisting of removing six leylands from a domestic garden, big trees next to the highway on a cul-de-sac, climbed job and three of us on it. The job was part of a house and garden renovation and the owner hasn't yet moved in and wasn't on site. What we didn't know was that there was a "landscaping team" working on the gardens at the same time. They were friends of the home owner. Anyway, long and short of it is they were absolute wing-nuts, music blaring out, shouting, swearing and their work was shocking. After a couple of hours the neighbours were getting annoyed and one bloke came out and had a go at them.

Our truck was sat on the road, sign written up doing its job in full view of the whole cul-de-sac and it suddenly dawned on me that the whole cul-de-sac probably thought that they were working for me :thumbdown:

In the end I ended up having a "quiet word" with them telling them to shut up, it didn't go down very well and didn't really make that much difference. I found the whole day annoying and frustrating, short of putting a sign up saying these d**K he**s don't work for me I was a bit stumped. I nearly fell out of the tree when I saw one of them going at a sorbus with a hedge cutter, the neighbours have seen my business working there and a hacked about sorbus left in the front garden....

It's frustrating that your hard earned reputation can take a knock like that through no fault of your own *Rant over*

Cheers for that.

Thats Rufus (likened to a border terrier on steroids)we have his sister Charlie, wolfhound cross mastiff. Hes more mastiff shes more wolfhound.

We had a similar cross before called Katie who passedaway at 12yrs.

Apart from the op it's a dog centric avatar thread type thingy, excluding my Boar as well, anyway if its a cul de sac print off an explanatory flyer and put them through the letterboxes.

Beat me to it, except I would recommend the door knock and explain in person, tune adversity into advantage