Tricks or tips for pine resin on your rope?

TommyW

Cheers guys

Got it pretty good - gave it a good dunking in some hot ish water with plenty of veg oil. Then a wash with hot water & wash up liquid, then a good blast with the hose on jet. Came out nicely apart from a small section which had been saturated when left in the tree overnight, better than it was but still hard in the core...

Next time do the same again but ditch the veg oil and replace with non bio. All you have done in make the washing liquid work hard to disperse and break down the oil content in the wash....you don't need veg oil

Any reason why butter rather than something veg based like sunflower oil or veg based lard / fat? Saw another thread suggesting mayonaisse which would imply its the fat doing the job. Sunflower oil would be less smelly than butter / mayo.

Anyone have a LOLER issue with butter etc on rope?

Cheers

Check with your own LOLER Assessor for individual items, But ART do recommend it on some of their gear, it's in their manuals.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a faboluos product, Savon Noir Liquide a l'huile d'olive- Marius Fabre only 8€ pro litre. After put the rope in light warm water I use pure Savon Noir massaging a little to get the soap into the fibers and then brush the rope with a tool I made miself with 3 little brushes and 2 plastic cans. Enjoy it.

I have found a faboluos product, Savon Noir Liquide a l'huile d'olive- Marius Fabre only 8€ pro litre. After put the rope in light warm water I use pure Savon Noir massaging a little to get the soap into the fibers and then brush the rope with a tool I made miself with 3 little brushes and 2 plastic cans. Enjoy it.

Sounds a bit sexual;)

• 4 years later...