Arbtalk Members Reponses to Stihl's Online Policy

Honey Bros

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With say FR Jones, i have bought face to face therefore "we cannot deliver machines bought online or over the phone UNLESS we have previously conducted a ‘hand over’ with you or you are a known/existing professional user"

As i have previously bought and am a pro user i can still buy. Im not too fussed, got too many orange and white saws anyway, but its always interesting!

But from the 3rd you won't. No matter what the past history with that dealer. As for ANYTHING that has the stihl name on it.

Theocus, you are missing the point completely.

After June 3rd you won't be able to buy ANY Stihl product online or over the phone, even if you have bought 1000 saws face to face and even had sex with the dealer.

:lol: :lol: :laugh1:

Today I have been busy. I have also found the time to read arb talk. About half hour or so checking out different bits n pieces, it's good reading. I could also have made it to my local orange n white dealer in this time. Crack on guys

Today I have been busy. I have also found the time to read arb talk. About half hour or so checking out different bits n pieces, it's good reading. I could also have made it to my local orange n white dealer in this time. Crack on guys

Today I have also been busy. I have also spent about half an hour reading Arbtalk. This would have got me as far as my local dealer (not back again) and it wouldn't have done me much good, as arriving at 6.30pm I would have found them shut. Even if they had not been shut they would not have had the parts I needed in stock.

My online dealer however still has his website operational, the parts in stock, and I could place an order and be confident of it sitting in my letterbox by the time I got home tomorrow.

Alec

And you could also do it during the day from either iPhone or iPad 3G. Not having to stop work if only to place the order during a tea break.

Exactly the same as i do. Doesn't interfere with working, means I can move onto the next machine safely knowing the parts are on there way.

I only have a few tools but if I can't buy online I won't be buying stihl again either, my local dealers are on the whole useless and expensive. In the current climate it seems crazy to annoy potential and current customers like this, goodbye stihl!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Today I have also been busy. I have also spent about half an hour reading Arbtalk. This would have got me as far as my local dealer (not back again) and it wouldn't have done me much good, as arriving at 6.30pm I would have found them shut. Even if they had not been shut they would not have had the parts I needed in stock.

My online dealer however still has his website operational, the parts in stock, and I could place an order and be confident of it sitting in my letterbox by the time I got home tomorrow.

Alec

The exact reason that this policy is so stupid

Alec

Tells it how it is Alec.