Arbtalk Members Reponses to Stihl's Online Policy

Honey Bros

I thought this policy was around for a few yrs already same as for husky saws?

I probably will never buy any stihl stuff new because of it anyway as its annoying.

For machines it generally has. For toppers it definatly has.

But for consumable item like parts and ppe as well as stihl branded items it hasn't, this is what has changed,

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this policy was around for a few yrs already same as for husky saws?

I probably will never buy any stihl stuff new because of it anyway as its annoying.

HI face it was but there coming down on dealers harder it only come so you have to shop at a local stihl dealer thats ok now because the stihl told me today that all small dealer can match the large dealers price we will see :001_rolleyes:jon :thumbup:

As somebody who works in ground care and arboriculture, I deal with a large amount of stihl equipment on a daily basis, both where I work and my own equipment, and require a mail order system for parts and PPE, whilst I buy the machines in person, it is not possible to purchase parts! As stihl do not make illustrated part lists available, I require online parts listings to obtain the items I need, it will make it impractical to use stihl products with no way of finding and obtaining the parts I need

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I can understand the policy on saws and machines.

Extending it to parts and consumables is utter madness though.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

What he said :sneaky2:

I've used Stihl kit for over twenty years now, even kept loyal when the less well built stuff from the USA started turning up. Never had any problems with any of the saws and prefer them to other makes.

I'm not saying anything negative about any local dealer, I just prefer to deal with who I want, at a time I want and in a way I want. That usually means online with one of the dealers on this site.

I have tried getting parts for saw maintenance from local dealers, usually a weeks wait, online order arrives 24-48 hrs later, why would I want to change it?

Stopping me from buying hiflex trousers, oils and parts online will not make me go to a Stihl dealership. I'm a stubborn, bloody minded individual, I work hard for my money and don't expect to stopped from spending it on what I want/need.

what he said :sneaky2:

I've used stihl kit for over twenty years now, even kept loyal when the less well built stuff from the usa started turning up. Never had any problems with any of the saws and prefer them to other makes.

I'm not saying anything negative about any local dealer, i just prefer to deal with who i want, at a time i want and in a way i want. That usually means online with one of the dealers on this site.

I have tried getting parts for saw maintenance from local dealers, usually a weeks wait, online order arrives 24-48 hrs later, why would i want to change it?

Stopping me from buying hiflex trousers, oils and parts online will not make me go to a stihl dealership. I'm a stubborn, bloody minded individual, i work hard for my money and don't expect to stopped from spending it on what i want/need.

well said !! Its hard enough to earn to be dictated too how too spend it

Dear Stihl,

You currently appear to be trying to go against the wishes of your loyal UK customers and what we need and want and are potentially running a huge risk with your UK market share of machines, PPE and ancilliaries.

We understand the need to only sell dangerous equipment only face to face but don't understand the decision to take all other Stihl manufacctured parts and items off online sale and make them only available through dealers is shortsighted and significantly bucks the trend of increasing sales online in the UK.

We are all busy people and to purchase Stihl products online in your own time and when convenient and then get on with other work/leisure pursuits is a huge benifit rather than having to go to your local agent, order parts, have to wait longer and then have to go back to collect them is antiquated and out of date practice in our UK market place.

You are causing some very negative comments about your company on this site and should sit up and take note - flexibillity and customer satisfaction should be your goals.

Making your products less accessible and purchasing more time consuming will end up in your company losing business at a time most companies are trying to retain customers and give them what they need.

stihls non buying policy on line is rubbish like the 3 bits of stihl i own hs86t hs8r and ms170 all total rubbish worst stuff i bought had emak/oleomac stuff was better the ms170 keep cutting out soon as you turn it on its side run it more than 15mins and its almost melting n smoking when turn off like its going to catch fire the two hedge trimmers are pants stihl puts a 27cc engine on diy one het the pro one its only 21cc wtf get your act together and i hope this new policy off yours makes your lose alot off money