Ivor Williams Tipper

jamesmerriman7

Brian james tipper is a lot lower. 60cm if i recall. Which is better for loading and stability but not so good for tipping logs etc as you have to take off the tail board, it does not swing downwards as it would push into the ground which leaves lights very vulnerable.

Hi 

i run a 2014 tt3017 , which is the 10x5

it has its own battery and pump tucked under the bed which is ideal. 

Its on the heavy duty wheels and tyres as they call them at iw. Brilliant trailer, I’ve delivered 100 loads of wood on it since last September. Had a 1.8 ton mini digger on it and about 4 ton of soil which it handled fine. 

22 hours ago, 33bk said:

I know this is a old thread but dose anybody know what height the bed is on a tt3017

thinking of buying one but don’t want it to be too tall for the log splitter 

Hi height of bed is 27" on 12" wheels, and the alloy floor yes i would agree it would not stand rings being slung in to it every day, as one lad i know with one has 2 £40 a day idiots chucking rings in to it and i am sure they run a book on who can make the bigest dent or split in the alloy floor its 3 yr old and floor is F - - - - d, some people dont like the new version why i dont know they say build quality is down as compared to the older version, mine is the new version 2014 had it 3 years and no issues at all its out nearly every day and it runs loaded so i wouldnt have an issue buying another one, and they hold there value as well,

20151005_181658.jpg

20160525_113109.jpg

20180707_082741.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It will have rings chucked on to it and other bits but I’ve built a long splitter but i can’t find trailer for it to sit on . So thinking of building a frame and I can load it on the trailer when I need it with the front loader. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Team ANB said:

New ones are made of tracing paper. Look at other makes jimbo.
I have 5 I for trailers but I won’t be replacing them with new ones when they are up for renewal.

Just ordered another brian james trailer, phasing out the ifors. They have not moved with the times imo, basic design, poor axles, crap locks, welding is very poor, electrics always problematical