Ivor Williams Tipper

jamesmerriman7

Just wanted to know what you guys think of the new Ivor Williams tipping trailers? From what I can see there are 3 models TT 2515/3017/3621. Don't want trailer to long as there are some awkward drives and gateways out there! Would like the trailer to hold a max capacity of 4 cubic meters with a divider in the middle! (two 2 cubic meter loads). How does the tipping mechanism work? Does it have a separate battery (how long does it last? any good?) or run off 4x4?It will be towed by a landy defender 90. Are the mesh sides strong and durable? the logs will be dropped out of a crate via a box rotator at quite a height so logs are likely to hit sides... are they up to it?

As you can tell a bit of a novice with these trailers! Thanks for all your thoughts and answers! :001_smile::thumbup:

I find I do charge my battery a fair bit, particulary being in the Highlands! I bought an ex- demo model just nearly 2 years ago and it has had heavy use. A few bits of mesh starting to go but nothing major. I think they are awesome trailers and well worth their money. As Hazzy said they are great for reversing, mine is 10ft x 5ft so fractionally narrower than the Hilux. Sometimes I find it easier to reverse in than get out! I will probably trade my trailer in for a new one in 2 years before it loses too much value.

Our old trailer is about the size of the smallest new one. Its been modified to 2 cu metres with divider. The new numbers must relate to the sizes of the trailers in metric. The small trailer will be a bit top heavy for 4cu metres as you can see from pic.

I was going to put a pic up but none on this pc if anyone is interested I will put one up from the office.

I have two IFWs, and 2002 GD85 with ramp tailgate that I use for firewood and a 2009 10 x 5 box van to deliver stoves, cookers etc.

I have had both serviced this year, the newer one needed a new hydraulic shock abs in the hitch, both had new sets of brake cables. Other than that fine.

There have been some bad posts on the new model tipper here recently, I did have one on demo, this was a pre production version and it seemed fine although I only had it for a couple of weeks. In the end I went for bags and not bulk. I dont think you can split a 4 cube load but the Atlas which users here quite like does have this facility maybe as an option.

I would be wary of an Ali floor, very very slippy if wet.

On the size issue I am able to get the 10 foot trailer anywhere I need to so would go for that rather than the 8 footer providing you have some way of measuring the load.

A

• 5 years later...