Stihl ms 150t poor build quality ?

Watson

Only problem I had with ours was the first time I took off the side chain panel, instead of the nut coming off the whole stud came out of the body of the machine. Easy fixed back in the workshop but not out on site. Since then its been running good.

Oh and our local Stihl dealer can,t get a replacement 10" chain for it because the main Northen Ireland Stihl dealer doesn't appear to stock the 10" chain loops only the 12" ones. Not enough demand to buy a reel which is fair enough.

Only problem I had with ours was the first time I took off the side chain panel, instead of the nut coming off the whole stud came out of the body of the machine. Easy fixed back in the workshop but not out on site. Since then its been running good.

Oh and our local Stihl dealer can,t get a replacement 10" chain for it because the main Northen Ireland Stihl dealer doesn't appear to stock the 10" chain loops only the 12" ones. Not enough demand to buy a reel which is fair enough.

cathcarts don't buy direct they buy in there kit along with the stihl importer in the south I think

• 1 month later...

I love my 150..however, it is not as robust as a 200/201T...but then its only a baby!. I've punched a hole in the plastic casing at the back and had a couple of minor linkage problems. I've also found, that due to the small size chain, the sawdust is very fine and you have to religiously clean it to keep in oiling nicely...super little saw, but don't be to rough with her boys!

:thumbup1: