The evolution of my arb truck

Gray git

Its exempt and 5.3ton not that 200kg makes a lot of difference

on what grounds did you get it made exempt,as any thing over 3.5t requires an o, liesence, would be handy info for others thinking of getting 1, is it involved in full time forest/agri, or just domestic work.

Special vehicle for the purpose of roadside tree maintenance and arising material handaling, and forestry. Running on white derv and requires a certificate of road worthiness (not mot).

Made possible because I am a highways agency authorised contractor as well as doing emergancy work for both them and lpa and the fact it has a fixt mounted implement for the management of trees on it (winch to you and me made it easier)

Got all the stuff from dvla and vosa sorted before I bought it, do it properly 1st time saves a lot of hassle in the long run especially with living within 5mile of a vosa testing point.

But like I said please dont go over this again and again as there is plenty of threds all about it ie mog v vosa etc.

On a plus note work has started

[ATTACH]124364[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124365[/ATTACH]

Not sure why it loaded like that but never mind, im happy the guts are in and the tip angle is good so with luck by the end of the week all the ally will be on and she will be shiny.

And to swinny, bugger! but not who I thought it would be!

Of course I can, same as everyone ells with a transit with a full load of chip or logs at the end of the day JUST DONT GET COURT or just use the landy if its in the back garden and not near a road.

Special vehicle for the purpose of roadside tree maintenance and arising material handaling, and forestry. Running on white derv and requires a certificate of road worthiness (not mot).

Made possible because I am a highways agency authorised contractor as well as doing emergancy work for both them and lpa and the fact it has a fixt mounted implement for the management of trees on it (winch to you and me made it easier)

Got all the stuff from dvla and vosa sorted before I bought it, do it properly 1st time saves a lot of hassle in the long run especially with living within 5mile of a vosa testing point.

But like I said please dont go over this again and again as there is plenty of threds all about it ie mog v vosa etc.

[ATTACH]124364[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124365[/ATTACH]

I cant find anything in the published O licence exemptions that matches the roadside trees thing, if your winch counts surely a hiab would, I would love a hiab truck can you point me in the right direction

[ATTACH]124364[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124365[/ATTACH]

handeling and haulage are different things.