211 Notification

treebloke

Is it me, am I being a PITA or am I right.

I have submitted a 211 Notice for for some work on a small site, I have included a full and concise report which contains photo's of each tree to be worked on together with a brief description of where each tree is located. I have also included a seperate google earth plan showing the site boundaries clearly marked.

The LPA will not validate the notification as they want a site plan showing the trees to be worked on and marked individually, I have said they have this information on the google earth plan and the report.

They are adamant the trees must be marked individually on a plan, the blue book does not say this, it says the notice has to include sufficient particulars to identify the trees.

Chapter 9 – Trees in conservation areas

Delete paragraph 9.4

Insert new paragraph

9.4 A section 211 notice does not have to be in any particular form. But it must describe the work proposed and include sufficient particulars to identify the trees. It may be helpful to use the standard application form provided by the Secretary of State for work to trees protected by a TPO, although the LPA cannot insist on its use.

Am I right or wrong, should they validate or have I got to supply the plan marked up.

Is it me, am I being a PITA or am I right.

I have submitted a 211 Notice for for some work on a small site, I have included a full and concise report which contains photo's of each tree to be worked on together with a brief description of where each tree is located. I have also included a seperate google earth plan showing the site boundaries clearly marked.

The LPA will not validate the notification as they want a site plan showing the trees to be worked on and marked individually, I have said they have this information on the google earth plan and the report.

They are adamant the trees must be marked individually on a plan, the blue book does not say this, it says the notice has to include sufficient particulars to identify the trees.

Chapter 9 – Trees in conservation areas

Delete paragraph 9.4

Insert new paragraph

9.4 A section 211 notice does not have to be in any particular form. But it must describe the work proposed and include sufficient particulars to identify the trees. It may be helpful to use the standard application form provided by the Secretary of State for work to trees protected by a TPO, although the LPA cannot insist on its use.

Am I right or wrong, should they validate or have I got to supply the plan marked up.

tree bloke,

Check the AAs website under help for arborists icon. Peter annetts notes on the changes to the Town and country planning act are on there, and may give complete clarification of the situ, but from memory, and don't quote me, but for 211s im sure that the amount of detail is not as detailed as it is for tpo'd trees. That is if 211s are for conservation areas.

Amazing how quick you forget when you are not revising/studying.

I never use google earth and always do a very poor hand drawn sketch plan, not to scale or anything, scan it in and send. Doesn't ooze professionalism but hey ho. I will sleep tonight....just

You are right. Tell them that you don't care if they 'validate' the 211 or not as the work will be undertaken once the six weeks are up from the date you first notified them.

You might also like to contact the head of planning and point out they have a problem...

You are right. Tell them that you don't care if they 'validate' the 211 or not as the work will be undertaken once the six weeks are up from the date you first notified them.

You might also like to contact the head of planning and point out they have a problem...

Knew the right man would be along soon