Another srt help thread.

Right I need some help and have brought some basic kit but can't sus it out.I brought a rope/pantin/ascender and foot cord to start but couldn't sus it out and am guessing i need to get a chest strap and croll to keep me next to the line?i tried various other things off my main ring but nothing really worked.

I cant afford to buy a RW OR HH so at the moment not looking down that route at the moment.I have looked at you tube,pics and links off this site but cant find anything basic that helps me.

Any help advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Paul.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are missing a hitch for your main life support.

No im not stupid i had that on,i tried a hitch above the ascender and conventional one off my main ring and different variations but just felt like a normal drt setup with a ascender above and just didn't really work couldn't get it going.

[ATTACH]123803[/ATTACH] this my setup, I use a pantin on my right foot and you basically hold the rope above the ascender lift yourself on your pantin then slide up the ascender and left foot

Cheers for the pics,thats similar to what i had setup but just didnt feel or look convetional.do you sit back in it in between ascent or does it keep you standing in the system?

No im not stupid i had that on,i tried a hitch above the ascender and conventional one off my main ring and different variations but just felt like a normal drt setup with a ascender above and just didn't really work couldn't get it going.

Sometimes you have to spend a little money to reap the rewards! Cutting cost and corners leads to dramas! Your never going to be able to work a system like you describe only for access!

Sometimes you have to spend a little money to reap the rewards! Cutting cost and corners leads to dramas! Your never going to be able to work a system like you describe only for access!

Please explain to me how i cant work a system from a ascender, pantin footstrop etc.. for access?im after ideas how i can make it work,im not sure if thats cutting corners?