Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

TCD have you sorted your bogie out? do you have the size of the hubseals? i need to replace 2 seals and would like to order up the seals before i dismantle the hubs.

Yes mate, got the parts from a well known forest machine co! Hoping to hear back about 2 whole bogies going spare too :thumbup1:

Put exactly 21 litres of EP90 in via the level plug with my mates excellent volume bucket. The silence of the bogie is now deafening!!!

So that's a major bogie repair, new water pump, new slew pipe (went bang on Friday) in a month. Handbrake needs bleeding, centre joint needs tightening, oh the joy!

The hubseals are massive O-rings; I have a spare one tho should probably keep it; they go big and you have to grease them back into the groove. I added some hylomar to the flange mating surfaces for extra.

I will measure it tomorrow; circa 15" diameter, 3mm round rubber...

We had problems with the prop u/j catching on the center pivoit, turned out to be the nut that holds the flange that the u/j bolts to had come loose. had 4 o rings fail on top of the cab. We,ve forwarded a 100 tons a week compared to 50 tons a week with tractor and forwarder trailer. Got a driver on the Bruunett Monday to Friday he,s 67 and really looks after the Bruunett i rarely get a drive of it. Maybe the stub axle seal i mean that needs replacing if you know the size of it.cheers Mark.

We had problems with the prop u/j catching on the center pivoit, turned out to be the nut that holds the flange that the u/j bolts to had come loose. had 4 o rings fail on top of the cab. We,ve forwarded a 100 tons a week compared to 50 tons a week with tractor and forwarder trailer. Got a driver on the Bruunett Monday to Friday he,s 67 and really looks after the Bruunett i rarely get a drive of it. Maybe the stub axle seal i mean that needs replacing if you know the size of it.cheers Mark.

aah, a stub axle seal, bugger, they're a pain in the bum. Big thick almost plastic thing from memory and hellish to get out of the hub. Are yours weeping bad?

Will try to dig mine out of the old hub...

• 3 weeks later...