Anyone know the best rope for Spiderjack??

William Tarbet

Hello Peeps!

I've been loving climbing on my mates old version 1 spiderjack, so I thought it's time to get my own. I picked up the new model with the dyneema kit which is lovely for fast change overs but i've found the performance of the Sj is not quite as nice as the old one i was using before. This may be down to the rope selection????

Has anyone got any recommendations for good Sj rope paring? I think the firmer the better will help with the self tending function that I love so much.

All the best folks

Will T

Poison hivy for me, find it self tends pretty well, forgot my gloves a few times an its never been bad on my hands, super light, looks quite cool too, it's apparently 11.7 but I held it next to tachyon and it seemed slimmer! Gonna keep my eyes on this thread though as in after a short rope and want to try something different see how they compare!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If you want the best for self tending then 11mm velocity is the best but if you want something thats abit thicker to hold then tachyon. Id would personally stay away from pi it has to much flex . Rigid ropes are better for self tending.