Kit for new Tree surgeon!

MrFaz

Hello Forum

3rd post, KIT!!

I am wanting to buy the best stuff so that it will last for as long as possible!

Chainsaw boots.....

Chainsaw Trousers..... (Can some one explain the classes I keep reading about!?)

Helmet/visor/ear defence.....

Any recommendations!?!?

Oh and anything else you think I will need!?

Thanks again peeps!!

Regards

Hello Forum

3rd post, KIT!!

I am wanting to buy the best stuff so that it will last for as long as possible!

Chainsaw boots.....

Chainsaw Trousers..... (Can some one explain the classes I keep reading about!?)

Helmet/visor/ear defence.....

Any recommendations!?!?

Oh and anything else you think I will need!?

Thanks again peeps!!

Regards

Ummmm

Kit lasts till you wreck it and in the world of mauling trees about that an happen quicker than you think

I like pfanner kit the Gladiator pants are as good as it gets and if you can run to the price of Zermatt boots you will know where your cash went

The class thing refers to protection relative to chain speed

Some reading for you

Chainsaw safety clothing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello mate, regarding the trousers, type A provide protection to the front of the legs only, and type C provide protection all round the legs, type C are worn by climbers, so if your aim is to become a climber of buy type C.

As for the classes of trousers have a look at this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw_safety_clothing

Half way down the page is a table showing the classes, and their respective chain speed protection, chain speed varies with different chainsaws, so depends what chainsaw you are going to be using etc.

I've got a pair of stein phantom boots and so far so good, quite comfortable but I have narrow feet.

As for gloves I have a pair of Oregon chainsaw gloves and they seem to do the job so far,

As for Helmets, don't buy a ground helmet if you want to be a climber, will save you some money in the long run if you just buy a climbers helmet, I've got a stein plasma helmet on order from FRjones, check out their website got a big range of kit and it's free delivery for orders over £50.

Hope this helps.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Meindl woodwalker boots are a good spec gore-tex and vibram soles for a good price at honey brothers. Trousers I have the orange highway spec Stihl class1 type c , again if you get from HB your postage will be less ..

Welcome to the world of arb...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App